Looking to buy my first subaru have questions - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Looking to buy my first subaru have questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rage-wrx and don't forget the insurance rates for the wrx vs sti. And as for that car,you ...

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    and don't forget the insurance rates for the wrx vs sti.

And as for that car,you don't have to even look under the hood to tell that the owner had modded it at some point & may have been returned to stock.
    Very good point. Insurance is a killer.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    ...plus you'd have to change your profile name. :-P
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Thanks for all of the help guys I think I will pass on the one in the link I shared. The biggest reason I dont buy a brand new one os the insurance jumps way up. We actually looked at a 2011 WRX and the insurance was way to high. When we compared the 2006 STI to a 2006 WRX the insurance difference was only 8 dollars more a month for the STI. So I figured what the hell might as well get the STI.
    2003 600hp Dodge Cummins
    Soon to come WRX

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    If I was looking for a used model pre-09, I would seek out an STI if the numbers make sense. BUT - the hardest thing with buying these cars (WRX included) used is that so many of them have been modded. There are plenty of owners who have done it right, and driven it well, but there are just as many that have been poorly modded and abused. On top of that, many have then been returned to stock and the sellers sold off the mod pieces. have the car looked at by a professional, compression tested, etc. If a price is too good to be true, there is always a reason, and it is rarely because the owner doesn't know what they are selling.

Good luck!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Thanks for all of the help from eveyone! I will continue my search until I find the right match. Are there any other good websites besides like autotrader and craigslist to look for WRX's? Thanks again
    2003 600hp Dodge Cummins
    Soon to come WRX

I find you can even see good things on cars.com or vehix.com...but a lot of people who post on Autotrader will post there too so you may find duplicates.

But check out the classifieds section of this site, Nasioc, and IWSTI.com...lots of people will post up their WRXs and STIs for sale there, and you can usually inquire directly about them, and see other people's opinions directly which is cool.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Want-a-WRX View Post
    Thanks again
    Just an FYI:
    A good way to thank people and show appreciation here is to click on the little star under the post you found to be helpful. That is where you can give some positive (or negative) feedback which others can see represented by the blank or green color bars under the SN/user titles.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

My fiance found both of these today they both seem pretty modded anybody have any opinions?
    05 SUBARU WRX STI
    2004 Subaru WRX STi
    2003 600hp Dodge Cummins
    Soon to come WRX

Quote Originally Posted by Want-a-WRX View Post
    Thanks for all of the help guys I think I will pass on the one in the link I shared. The biggest reason I dont buy a brand new one os the insurance jumps way up. We actually looked at a 2011 WRX and the insurance was way to high. When we compared the 2006 STI to a 2006 WRX the insurance difference was only 8 dollars more a month for the STI. So I figured what the hell might as well get the STI.
    Which company are you getting a quote through? If you're checking with your existing carrier, it's smart to also check with other companies as well. Rates vary so much to the point where one company that normally has horrible rates may have really good rates for a car that you had in mind.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12