extended warranty ?

This is a discussion on extended warranty ? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have a question about the 2011 wrx I just purchased. I don't know if I need an extended warranty ...

extended warranty ?

I have a question about the 2011 wrx I just purchased. I don't know if I need an extended warranty on the car. I can either get the extended warranty (or I should say I already got it, don't know if I should cancel it), or the Mechanical breakdown insurance from Geico. Does this kind of warranty cover clutch wear and stuff like that ?

Thanks for any inputs in advanced.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Which warranty are you talking about.The Subaru warranty almost everything on the car including the clutch but excluding tires & brake pads.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I got the subaru extended warranty I think. It costs about $1900, and the Geico Mechanical breakdown insurance is about $80 per month. So if the extended warranty covers everything, subaru extended warranty should be better then ?

I Support ClubWRX
    I got my Subaru extended gold warranty for 7 years/70000 miles zero deductible for I think $1200,Not knowing what the Geico insurance covers it would be difficult to compare the two.But if you are getting the insurance I would go with the manufacturer.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I believe that's the one I got, I don't remember exactly >.<. Since this covers clutch wears, I'll keep it then. I'm still getting used to driving manual, so the clutch is going to wear alot faster than usual.

Thanks for you inputs !

I Support ClubWRX
    You have to keep in mind though that they can deny claims related to the clutch if they determine that it was caused due to driver error,like riding or dumping the clutch.But they are usually forgiving if its just a one time thing.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ok, thanks for the heads up

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Also - take into consideration any mod plans you have. If you make any mods they can start to impact whether or not the dealer will pay for warranty issues. If they feel an aftermarket mod led to the issue they can deny coverage. This depends on the problem, the mod, the dealer and the alignment of the stars - they could just as easily ignore the mods and submit the claim. If you have no plans to modify then the EW is a nice choice. If you have big mod plans don't waste your money. If you want to mod later, consider waiting until the 3yr/30k standard runs out. It's all a question of how much risk/reward you want to put into the modding game.

Also - check with Geico about their stance on warranties on modded cars.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Thank you very much for your input. I don't think I'm going to do too much mod on it.