First Subaru! newbie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on First Subaru! newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My girlfriend and I picked up our first subaru. Its a 04 wrx wagon. totally stock one owner car a ...

First Subaru! newbie

My girlfriend and I picked up our first subaru. Its a 04 wrx wagon. totally stock one owner car a lady had. Shes perfect! The car not the lady! Looking to do some minor mods. sounds like a uppipe is a must do then probably a muffler for some rumble and possibly a drop kit and some wheels.. What are the main concerns with routine maintenence? do they have timing belts? Will I need a tuner with a uppipe and muffler? any info and help would be great! Not new to turbo cars just subbies..

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Doberman approved!!

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Nice wagon you got there! If you need any help adjusting to the Subaru platform, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Wheel help.. What say you?

I Support ClubWRX
    what exactly do you need help with?
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount

just looking for opinions. thinking 18s with 225/40/18. any issues? how about lowering?

Look at wheeldude.com they have alot of pictures in there gallery to help you pick a set of wheels and if you need any help with fitment they have a great customer service department, they will be able to tell you the right offset and width to go with.

Research first; then mod young grasshopper.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Quote Originally Posted by oguitar View Post
    Research first; then mod young grasshopper.
    I can research all day and not know whats best. That's what forums are for.. Plus I am not that young my brain hurts from researching.. lol

I Support ClubWRX
    My suggestion is go to 17" rims and get a good set of performance all season tires. Going to 18s is just way to expensive in my opinion.

As far as lowering springs, don't go farther than 1.5" on stock struts/shocks. I would high recommend going with a Full Coilover setup if you have the money available to you.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    My suggestion is go to 17" rims and get a good set of performance all season tires. Going to 18s is just way to expensive in my opinion.

As far as lowering springs, don't go farther than 1.5" on stock struts/shocks. I would high recommend going with a Full Coilover setup if you have the money available to you.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me.
    Thanks for the info. Those wheels in a 18 arent that much. The tops are $ 135 and the bottoms are $150 each. Tires seem to run about the same.. Is there a spring preference? I have seen them on ebay anywhere from 60 to 300 bucks. I have ran the Eibach pro kit on a 02 beetle turbo s that I had. I really like them on that car.
    04 WRX Wagon. 18's, Catless uppipe, silencer mod..
    67 Cuda 493" big spinny thingy
    63 Savoy 413" 4 speed..
    99 dodge ram CTD modded.
    08 M109R2
    08 Vegas Low

I Support ClubWRX
    The biggest thing is the tires, good quality tires for 18s are very expensive. Also they tend to look too big especially on wagons in my opinion.

As far as tire companies, look at Goodyear...Yokohama etc. Tirerack is a good reference point for that.

The pro kit is a good buy and so are the H & R Sport Springs. If you want a price on either let me know.

Tires are very important, although my stock tires are already bald after 29000 km

KHP
    I have the second wheel as my winter wheels (17x7.5) except without the red stripes I think they look great. Look at my album so see what they look like on a 2011.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

so how can I tell if the timing belt has been changed? Looks like the drivers side cam cover will come off? Did they use a subaru belt? Our car has 118k and I am a tad bit nervous it hasnt been done..
    04 WRX Wagon. 18's, Catless uppipe, silencer mod..
    67 Cuda 493" big spinny thingy
    63 Savoy 413" 4 speed..
    99 dodge ram CTD modded.
    08 M109R2
    08 Vegas Low

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast