New WRX owner in AZ

This is a discussion on New WRX owner in AZ within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone! Just bought my first Subaru, a 2011 WRB WRX, 2 weeks ago. Took way longer than I would ...

New WRX owner in AZ

Hello everyone! Just bought my first Subaru, a 2011 WRB WRX, 2 weeks ago. Took way longer than I would have liked due to the shortage in production, but I finally got it! Ended up flying to Santa Monica, CA and driving it back to Phoenix since we couldn't find a blue 2011 anywhere else. Bought it with the SPT cat-back exhaust, but completely base otherwise. Window tint was a must living in AZ, so I got that done a week later. Not wanting to do anything major to it other than stereo (stock one is the worst I have heard in a long time!) then possibly a BoV, but that's about it. Here is a pic I took just after I got the windows done. Glad to be part of the club! If anyone knows of any meets or anything going on East of Phoenix (Gilbert-Chandler area) please let me know. Cheers!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0030.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	98009

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    She is beautiful. Welcome to Club
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Hey C, I bought my blue 2011 wrx hatch in February in Phoenix. I already did a whole system stereo upgrade. I'm going to post some pics as soon as this site allows, but if you need any help with yours let me know. I am an authorized Rockford Fosgate dealer and my whole system is RF. I also did two headrest monitors for my kids and they turn out sweet.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.Familiar color.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

welcome! Look into the BOV more, you may not want it
    STINK-EYE MOB #15 ||

Quote Originally Posted by BenS View Post
    welcome! Look into the BOV more, you may not want it
    Any reason in particular Ben? I have done a little research into them and they seem to help performance a little bit... as far as not flushing all the boost pressure like the stock diverter valve. That being said... this is my first turbo car, so any info is greatly appreciated.
    "It's a shame that stupidity can't be converted into a usable energy source."

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the new ride,enjoy.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Dunc View Post
    Any reason in particular Ben? I have done a little research into them and they seem to help performance a little bit... as far as not flushing all the boost pressure like the stock diverter valve. That being said... this is my first turbo car, so any info is greatly appreciated.
    Only time a Bypass Valve or Blow off valve is ever a "performance" modification is if its capable of holding higher pressures than your factory unit. If you're aiming for 20 PSI, then I would suggest changing it out. Other than that, its purely a cosmet/sound item.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

^Agreed if you want it for the sound buy an aftermarket intake and you'll get a similar result. If you do do that keep in mind a tune is required with most if not all intakes.

Other then that welcome to the forum and good luck with the car!
    Stink-Eye Mob #333
    2011 Lightning Red WRX
    Stage 2+ 93

Yeah, I am not looking to hit 20 PSI or anything like that. It's just a daily driver for the most part. To be 100% honest I was a little disappointed when I test drove the WRX for the first time and didn't hear the traditional "psssh" from a bov... I thought that was a standard piece of equipment LOL. The last few cars I have had only had intakes and exhausts for mods, so I am very new to this level of performance. So I guess unless it will hurt the car in ANY WAY, I think I will still add the bov at some point.

I love that damn sound! LOL
    "It's a shame that stupidity can't be converted into a usable energy source."

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Its cool when you don't have one on your car...but when you have it and drive it everyday...it gets old real fast. Plus most of them leak very easily. I say get a Good bypass valve and a intake so you hear it when you want to and not hear it when you don't want to.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED