Hopeful new owner need some advice.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Hopeful new owner need some advice. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone I have been kicking around the last few months of a WRX and I'm finally ready to buy ...

Hopeful new owner need some advice.

Hey everyone I have been kicking around the last few months of a WRX and I'm finally ready to buy one.

So I Edited this to Say that I did in fact find a 2011 the same Day I posted this. It comes in on July 11th. 2011 WRX premium Satin White pearl!
    Last edited by kcwrxfan; 06-21-2011 at 07:49 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

WOW!!! 22k for a 08. I don't have a wrx yet either currently still saving or paying off my car ( not sure) what I want to do yet but around here in MA you can get an 09 or 10 for arounf 22k-23k. That is a rip in my opinion and it has been in 2 accidents. They should be giving it to you for around 15k. (maybe not that low) but anyway don't give in to the supply and demand. You want one bad enough and you will find a good one don't just jump in the first one available because they are scarce. They will pop up again just wait an keep saving. Thats what I'm doing and I have found at least 50 within a 100 mile radius and now there are more in transit and the dealers are calling me everyday. Hope this helps. I know I didn't answer questions about horse power but I'm not getting an 08 for the reasons you listed, thats what I have heard and read.

Ya Hangie, sadly out here in KS/MO i've called every dealer within 200miles and all have waiting lists with money on them. Unless I want a STI there is one comming in about 2months from now the guy backed out on. but its a 5door and white and stickers just under 40k. Seems like I'll either be waiting or not buying one. Not a fan of the 2012 looks at all.

Quote Originally Posted by kcwrxfan View Post
    Ya Hangie, sadly out here in KS/MO i've called every dealer within 200miles and all have waiting lists with money on them. Unless I want a STI there is one comming in about 2months from now the guy backed out on. but its a 5door and white and stickers just under 40k. Seems like I'll either be waiting or not buying one. Not a fan of the 2012 looks at all.
    The 2012 wrx body did not change just the baseline impreza did. The 2012 wrx will have the same body as the 2011 widebody

thanks for the heads up Skudda, sadly my lease ends next month on my current car so hopefully something turns up in 40 days. I found a really nice 2007sti but sadly my company's allowance for my car wouldn't cover that year, so 2008 or newer for now. I'll just keep looking.

I Support ClubWRX
    I would walk away just for the fact that they asked you for a credit report to let you test drive the car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I would walk away just for the fact that they asked you for a credit report to let you test drive the car.
    Ya I could understand for a 18yr old kid but not someone 30yrs old.

They are asking for credit checks now to test drive these cars now. They asked me for a credit check to test drive and 08 sti but I just turned 25 in may.

UPDATE

I went to the Local dealer to check out the used one they had again and talk some numbers but stressed I wasn't really into the price or the carfax. My salesman was busy so another guy my age helped me, really cool guy. Asked me why I didn't want a 2011? when I said I did but the 2 they had coming in were sold he laughed. Informing me while I was outside on the phone that one of the ones they had coming in with a deposit they guy backed out losing his money and the car was free!

Long Short July 11th a 2011 WRX premium Satin White pearl will be mine! I put my deposit on the car when he said it was free. Work out perfect since my lease car gets turned in the week after!

So I guess I'll be updating more in 20days!

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    thats crazy. i'm only 22 and i went to BMW and test drove a $50,000 335i and the guy let me go by myself. no hassle. just scanned my insurance card & license.

edit: congrats on the '11! keep us posted

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the deposit.So you will be leasing the car?

And I don't think the guy who put the deposit on the car will lose his money as all deposits on pre-orders are refundable.At least it was in my case.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Congrats on the deposit.So you will be leasing the car?

And I don't think the guy who put the deposit on the car will lose his money as all deposits on pre-orders are refundable.At least it was in my case.
    No A purchase, I drive to much for my work and they won't give me my car allowance if it's leased. and yes it is refundable if they mess up or the deal falls threw on their part. If i would back out it's non-refundable, which isn't the case since I been looking for the last 6months.

Yep he wouldn't let me take it. Maybe up here in the east we are not as technologically advanced as you are down south but I they don't scan our insurance just our license and they never let us go alone. Then again the crime rate and collision rate in MASS is astronomical. Congrats on the new 2011 BTW

Congrats man! Post pictures when you get it

Wow your company buys you a car. Can I work with you? I am willing to relocate.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.