allow me to formally introduce myself

This is a discussion on allow me to formally introduce myself within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I used to own a auto 2002rs2.5 then when the money was right I got a great offer on that ...

allow me to formally introduce myself

I used to own a auto 2002rs2.5 then when the money was right I got a great offer on that and bought myself a 2003 wrx (5spd). It's been my dream car for years now so its safe to say I'm taking care of her.
    Just asking for some suggestions, I know there is a lot of anti-stance vibe here, but I definitely appreciate a low stanced car and hope to lower my car asap and I don't mean vw low where I check my oil pan after every bump but Im looking at a considerable drop and eliminating the reverse rake (i know it has its benefits but I'm not doing autox and the look erks me), and to each his own right. At the same time I would like to go stage two, money isn't exactly tight but I need to pick one or the other for now. So, fellow scoobs, what would you recommend, stage two or coils wheels and spacers?
    Im not looking to get 18x9 or something crazy but probably a clean set of 17x8's

And since this is my introduction thread I'll say I'm not a "noob" i've been into subarus for quite a while and know my fair share. yes, I'm 17 and people are gonna go crazy about that because I see that a lot here, but I'm open to suggestions.
    "when the turbo spools, it's like you're in a time machine"

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Usually I would say that a car must not be modified at all, or if it is modified it should be modified from the wheels inward. Your posts makes me rethink this though. The 17X8s in and of themselves will be fine, but it sounds like you want to drop the car quite a bit. As you probably know this will be counter-productive since you will really affect geometry (well, you'll effectively reverse arm geometry, if that makes sense, if you get under the car you'll see what I mean if you imagine the wheels "merging up" into the chassis, I'm not good at descriptions).

Just for this one time, I'd say if you had to pick between lower the chassis too much (which from your description is "just right" for you) and modding the motor, I'd say mod the motor... It could be much more expensive but at least the car will turn and stop as intended.

If you follow the link in my signature there's lots of info etc. Welcome.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I'd go stage 2 but I like speed.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    I prefer a car has the performance to back up its looks, so I would go power first and then go from there.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)