08 sti vs 11wrx

This is a discussion on 08 sti vs 11wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm new to the wrx scene and I would like to get your guys opinion on whether I should buy ...

08 sti vs 11wrx

I'm new to the wrx scene and I would like to get your guys opinion on whether I should buy a 2008 sti or a 2011 wrx? Whats the major differences and how easy/ expensive is it to upgrade the wrx to get the sti hp. Any other advice would be greatly appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There's a large difference, aside from HP that makes the STI a better car. Also have to think about the previous owner of an STI, may not have been so nice to the car. Whereas the WRX will be brand new with a warranty. It's a tough decision and you'll get a number of opinions on it. Mine is buy the new car.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

how many miles on the sti? are u planning a lot of mods?

It doesn't take much to get the WRX to match a stock STI's power, but don't just compare them by looking at hp. The STI basically has better "everything". But the WRX can be plenty fine as a DD.

When I was buying I was comparing '10+ Evo Xs and '08+ STIs...and the '11 WRX turned out to be the better fit for me. I'm quite happy with my choice and have no regrets.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

42,000 not a lot of mods just small things like intake catback

As someone else had mentioned, the performance gap between the two has shrunk substantially. If the used STi is cheaper than the new WRX, get the STi and dont look back. If the inverse is true, go WRX.
    2011 Honda CR-Z EX
    Milano Red / Navigation / 6MT

2009 WRX hatch premium SEM #52 Traded 7/28/11
    Kartboy STS & bushings // RedlineGoods Shifter & E-brake boots // Muffler delete pipe // Window tint //

go the 2011 wrx i have one sti are over rated for the amount of money you have to spend my 2011 wrx with 6000 mods blows the sti away