New- Looking at an 05 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on New- Looking at an 05 wrx within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all, I have been lurking around here for a bit and I am currently looking at an 05 wrx ...

New- Looking at an 05 wrx

Hello all,

I have been lurking around here for a bit and I am currently looking at an 05 wrx with only 21,000 miles. I had a few questions regarding it that I am hoping you can answer.

The car has the following mods as of right now:
    *Blouch 16g-xt
    *DW 650cc's
    *Grimmspeed EBCS
    *Walbro pump
    *OEM STi catless UP
    *Perrin catted DP
    *OEM STi Catback
    *Mach V lowering springs
    *OEM 2009 STi TMIC
    *GimmickMS Turbo Inlet + larger afta maf tube
    *NGK 1 Step Cold Plugs
    *New OS tune on a Mustang Dyno.

Now my question is, would you guys keep the car like this when purchasing or have the seller return it back to stock? I know it all comes down to my own opinion but what are your opinions? I feel like it may cause more harm than good having the bigger turbo with the stock tranny.

I was also wondering how much you guys think I could sell a set of Enkei RPF1 Limited edition matt bronze wheels for with tires? I believe the tires are Dunlop SP Sport 235/45/17 but I could be wrong.

Thanks for all of your help. I am looking forward to getting into the subie crew,

Eric

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

keep the mods man....just check the work done to it. i currently own a stock 05 wrx...lookin to mod it when i get the money.

Have you considered an 06-07? When i bought my 05, i had buyer's remorse in not getting the hawkeyes for the 2.5 motor. All the mods are nice, but I would prefer one without all the power mods.

I have since moved on. Getting a '12 when they come out

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i would never want to buy a modded subaru like that, nor one that has been modded and returned to stock.

buying brand new is definitely a good choice.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    i would never want to buy a modded subaru like that, nor one that has been modded and returned to stock.

buying brand new is definitely a good choice.
    This^

Allthough buying a modded car is very risky, this one does sound like it has been modded correctly.... I still would be very weary of buying this particular pne due to a lack of uncertainty of how it was treated as well as maintained...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.