quick question (recirculation valve)

This is a discussion on quick question (recirculation valve) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Most of the ppl I know with boosted cars have aftermarket BOVs.... I kept the stock recirculation valve, I noticed ...

quick question (recirculation valve)

Most of the ppl I know with boosted cars have aftermarket BOVs.... I kept the stock recirculation valve, I noticed all of their valves open and release pressure even if they are sitting in N and hit the throttle... my question is should my factory recirculation valve be doing the same thing. If I hit the throttle in N I do not hear it. I don't care not hearing it I just want to make sure it's functioning properly.

BTW: 04 STi if it helps

I really appreciate the help thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your valve is opening you just can't hear it because it is muffled.

has your car exploded?

then it's working.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I can hear it while Im driving...

This is why I ask... Ill be driving down the street going through all the gears full boost no issue (I do hearing the recirc.) after I stop accelerating and maintain a speed I get a crazy almost rattling sound and it stops making boost. Last time it happened I was at 60MPH and about 2k RPM.

Its as if I have full pressure out and wide open intake as long as Im pulling forward 30sec after I stop it feels like the intake is restricted by 80%...

Thoughts???

If you have a stock intake, you should not easily be able to hear the recirc valve, you may have a leak in the intake tubing or recirc tubing. Boost is load dependent. If you are not accelerating, you won't be making boost. As far as the rattling, could be a lot of different things.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Ive been working on it and testing everything I can think of... Im thinking the issue is boost/vacuum related. I checked all the vac lines pulled most off to see if they were soft or dry and put them back on all seemed good. I checked all the intake and turbo hoses to make sure they were not soft and collapsing with the pressure. The last thing I did was pulled the plug on the BCS put a little dielectric grease in the plug and plugged it back in. Took it to the gas station and shes been ok from then on (40 Miles)

I dont know what it was or if its fixed but Ill keep you updated

Thanks

What mods does your car have?
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

SPT Ram airintake... magnaflow axle back... and 2nd cat removed.... Stock other then that