Does anyone have this mod combo? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Does anyone have this mod combo? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ha ha yea I will need to register thanks for googling it for me. I was more talking are there ...

Ha ha yea I will need to register thanks for googling it for me. I was more talking are there supporting mods (besides re-tuning), how much to get it professionally installed etc...? But the funny thing is that a 2008 has more low-end torque.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by PieceOfChum View Post
    Ha ha yea I will need to register thanks for googling it for me. I was more talking are there supporting mods (besides re-tuning), how much to get it professionally installed etc...? But the funny thing is that a 2008 has more low-end torque.
    It should. The TD04-13T spools much quicker than the VF52 (since it's a smaller turbo, hotside and compressor), but the VF52 is much better suited to the 2.5L IMO. Your stock injectors should have enough overhead to run the VF52 as should your fuel pump. Essentially, it's a simple swap. Professional installation? Sure, I guess... but it would also be a pretty simple DIY job (if you don't mind getting your hands dirty LITERALLY). You will absolutely need a tune.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Thanks for the info dude. I have never replaced a turbo but it is good to know it is a DIY project. Also good to know that there are no pre-requisite mods. I am still thinking of buying the modded 2008 I am thinking that I can replace the Turbo XS catback if it is too loud to pass inspection and I am hoping I don't need to re-tune if I replace it with a Cobb or something closer to the stock sound. I have heard that the Turbo XS is a little loud and it does sound that way however I have never heard a stock WRX exhaust while the car was being revved up. I am a little concerned that the sway bars might hurt my performance in the snow also but I think there is no good way around that.
    Last edited by PieceOfChum; 06-17-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12