Opinion
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Opinion within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have the chance to buy a 2008 Subaru WRX 5 MT stage 2 with 50k miles on it for ...

Opinion

I have the chance to buy a 2008 Subaru WRX 5 MT stage 2 with 50k miles on it for 17,600. It is the premium package. I just wanted to find out if others out there have the 2008 WRX Premium with a stage 2 that like it and if it will be a good daily driver. I think it is a little on the loud side but other wise a nice ride. I also wanted to see if people thought it was a good deal. I currently drive a 200 Civic VP with 113k miles on it and it is alright, my wife's car, but not really me. I have wanted a WRX for a while.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

how was it maintained and stage 2 is very capable of being a dd
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

It has been excellently maintained I have driven it and it was simply awesome. Mint condition except for one or two little door dings. I haven't driven enough however to make an assessment as to it working for me as a daily driver I do very very little driving though and I love AWD and miss driving in the snow I had a Honda Pilot that I drove around in the winter and before that I had a Eagle Talon AWD.

dd=daily driver.

A stage 2 '08 will put you at similar power to a stock 09-11. The '08 retained the small turbo from previous years. Given the chance I'd take an '09 over an '08, not to say the '08 isn't a good car. The '09+ just has a bigger turbo and stiffer suspension, etc...
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Thanks for the input yea I was thinking the same thing. dd = daily driver figured it out a minute after I posted asking what it was ha ha duh. I wonder if that is why it hasn't sold yet I think 17.6k is a great price.

Some people might be leery of it being a modified car; a lot of the warranty would be sacrificed at a stage 2 level. I'd definitely recommend a compression/leak down test if you're thinking about getting more serious about it.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Excellent advice thanks I will do request that if I get more serious.

The mods are as follows.

Perrin 25mm front sway bar, perrin 22mm rear sway bar.

Cobb catted Downpipe, Turbo XS catback, Perrin Cold air intake. Safe conservative tune

How much of an improvement in handling do the rear sway bars actually contribute?
    Last edited by PieceOfChum; 06-15-2011 at 08:50 PM.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.