usa built wrx?

This is a discussion on usa built wrx? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just wondering why aren't any of the wrx's built in the USA? i was just curious. it think it would ...

usa built wrx?

just wondering why aren't any of the wrx's built in the USA? i was just curious. it think it would help the shortage.

btw, i was told from a salesman that a subaru plant can be converted to make camry's since toyota owns some of subaru.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Camrys would be a more sensible choice, they are great cars.

Subaru have chosen to make other models locally, not the Impreza. I don't know why.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Subaru makes all Impreza and Forester models in Gunma, Japan. It would be difficult to start stamping out Impreza's in the Indiana plant, even though quite a few of the parts could be taken from the Legacy line.

my guess would be that the subaru plant in indiana can only make a limited amount of vehicles. So it would be smarter for them to make outbacks and legacys. The higher demanded cars. They dont sell many wrxs.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Infinity

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Mine was built in the USA

It wouldn't really make a difference if it was assembled in NA as most of the parts are still coming from Japan.

Any plant can be converted to make anything else, its just a question of how much time and money it would take to do it.