Yet another new guy - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Yet another new guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have now stumbled across another thing to worry about in my research. I have found that if you run ...

I have now stumbled across another thing to worry about in my research. I have found that if you run a turbo back exhaust, you need a tune, otherwise things can go bad. I figured if I had to tune it, I might try to find a AP v1.0 for cheap somewhere. However, looking at the maps available on Cobb's website, the only mention of a turbo back exhaust is on a stage 2 map. Would I need to run that map for the turbo back exhaust? My only concern is if I were to up the power that much, would I be wearing the engine down a lot faster? I would still drive like a grandma, like I always do, but I wouldn't be completely opposed to having some extra power on reserve. Also, what about gas mileage? I have found many threads on it but have seen many different numbers ranging from the teens to the mid-to-high 20s.
    Last edited by crosscheck17; 06-22-2011 at 06:10 PM.
    You laugh because I'm different. I laugh because I just farted.

2003 WRX OSECU Stage 2
    Turbo back exhaust, Samco intercooler hoses, GM boost control solenoid

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12