Post Earthquake 2011 WRX's

This is a discussion on Post Earthquake 2011 WRX's within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I ordered a WRX in Feb. Allegedly, mine hits port on the 20th of June...and then my dealer around 7 ...

Post Earthquake 2011 WRX's

I ordered a WRX in Feb. Allegedly, mine hits port on the 20th of June...and then my dealer around 7 July.

I've been waiting for a long time.

But, now I am concerned that since mine was a post earthquake build...

...Does anyone else feel like Subaru might have rushed production on these...used parts that had to be quickly produced so they could get back on track?

What are everyones thoughts on the value of these cars? Do you think they won't resell as they should?

Would I be out of place to go to my dealer and suggest a discount or anything for sticking with them this long? (Not that I believe my dealer would care about me at all...they have been very unhelpful over the last few months with updates, etc)

The last month or so I've been on the fence about just canceling my order and figuring something else out. But, there really isn't anything that compares with the WRX. So, I would have to go in a completely different direction.

But, now that I have a more solid date I am even more unsure on what to do.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

It's an invalid conclusion that quality will suffer in order to meet deadlines. Production is faced with schedule pressures on a continual basis and I would expect that you'll receive a car that passes all the same quality check as any other. If anything, you could just as easily argue that the cars going out now will receive extraordindary attention because top level management tend to get more involved during a restart. (speaking from experience after getting back up to speed after hurricane Katrina)

Good luck with getting additional discounting, it's been my experience now that because supply has gone down so drastically on WRX's especially that dealers are not discounting them anymore. Adventure Subaru in Fayetteville, AR used to mark them down a couple thousand under MSRP, and now they are selling at MSRP, no discounts.

I was in the same boat as you, ordered March 1. I Had concerns that cars made in this time might have radioactivity traces, and decreased reliability due to all of the parts supply problems that Japan currently has. My car will regularly be hauling around my 2.5 year old, and we have another baby on the way, so the radiation thing bugged me. Although from all the reading I could do there is pretty much no way that any radiation would actually be in the car and make it to these shores, I was still paranoid about it...
    Finally I just got tired of waiting. Went out and found a 2009 with about 30k miles on it and saved myself 8k over what I was going to be spending for the 2011 Limited that I had ordered. No regrets for me...I do like the 2011 body a bit better, but otherwise I'm quite happy with my '09.

My car was scheduled to be here April, I barely got a call last week saying it should be here this Friday. I'm kind of worried about the radioactivity too, because I have a 10 month old son.

They prolly just went to 140hr weeks to make up Lol I'm sure the cars will be just as good or maybe even better because I'm sure they think that the customers think the cars will be crap so they stepped it up to prevent that and keep their good name and rep for building quality cars.

Yeah when i was buying my WRX, i couldn't get a discount what so ever. In fact, some actually had a mark up of 2-3.5k. Its insane, but i just got mine like 3 days ago and found a good dealer to give me a bit of a discount. 33k out the door, WRX Limited with SPT exhaust.
    REDIRKULOUS REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Krayzie View Post
    I'm kind of worried about the radioactivity too, because I have a 10 month old son.
    You can get a descent dosimeter for like $300 and be sure, Ecotest Terra-P for example.

I wanna see the face of the person in the dealership you gonna tell that the car he's selling is 10 mSv over the safe range.
    2011.WRX.PRM.GRB.WRB
    Stink-Eye Mob #103