Hoping to become an owner of 08 WRX

This is a discussion on Hoping to become an owner of 08 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello all. I've been car shopping and have been a fan of Subaru Impreza WRX's for quite some time. I ...

Hoping to become an owner of 08 WRX

Hello all. I've been car shopping and have been a fan of Subaru Impreza WRX's for quite some time. I now have the ability to purchase this car, an '08 Silver WRX with 31K miles that is currently for sale at Leif Johnson in Austin. I have a couple of questions because judging from the pictures this car has the following mods: CAI (AEM I think, has the decal but not clearly visible), Perrin TMIC, trio of gauges, and possibly exhaust. My question is has anyone here every owned this vehicle? Would anyone recommend I purchase this vehicle since it has mods and has possibly been abused? I'm new so please don't bash or flame. If I need to be redirected to a specific forum please just let me know. Thanks and I hope to be joining your ranks here soon.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I would stay away from any modded Subaru especially since youre not 100% sure what's done

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Buying a modified car is a 50/50 call. I bought my WRX with a full exhaust, intake and tune done (ECUTEK)...the only issue I had with it was that it was slammed to the earth and that I had to raise it. I decided that it was a good buy due to it only having minor modifications done. However you never know when people have done crazy work and then put the stock parts back on and sell it.

I would say this, if it drives fine, the engine bay doesn't look like it was taken apart like crazy, missing shields and such...then it isn't a bad idea to go for it. I wouldn't be too worried with an intake done and TMIC.

If you're not sure what you're doing or looking at, bring someone who does.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS