Hopefully Soon to be STi or WRX owner?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Hopefully Soon to be STi or WRX owner? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My names Nick and I just joined the forum to read around and introduce myself. Iv'e been wanting a lifted ...

Hopefully Soon to be STi or WRX owner?

My names Nick and I just joined the forum to read around and introduce myself. Iv'e been wanting a lifted diesel for a while now since I race motocross, but my wallet cannot withstand 2 race quads and a truck with 15mpg! So I'm actually considering a Subaru, since I've always loved the look of the 08 and up hatchbacks, plus the AWD will come in handy in the winter.

I would reallllly like the STi, but it just seems like they go for alot more than the WRX. Is it really worth the extra money to get the STi? I plan on using it for everyday driving, but eventually i'd like to race it somewhere! I have no idea where there is any racing or, racing for AWD cars around here.

And also, if anyone reading this has an 08-11 Hatch, how much did you pay for it?
    Thanks
    Last edited by atvmx21; 06-09-2011 at 09:24 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I got my 09 hatch yesterday for $24000* with lifetime warranty, no mileage limitation.

*typo
    Last edited by ctfireman; 06-10-2011 at 01:50 PM.

Nick, Plain and simple spend the extra money and go for the STI. In the long run it will save you money especially if you plan to do any track driving or racing.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If your wallet is already hurting, then maybe you should be more economical and buy the WRX. Mind you, its a fun car to drive no matter what and if you choose to modify a little bit, you will notice a nice difference and you won't have to break the bank for simple modifications. Most people want to race but it doesn't mean you actually will...so going out and spending a lot of money on a STi may not be a good choice at this period of time. Me personally, I went WRX and I easily matched the power of an STi before I even swapped turbochargers, so its not something that you're going to be stuck or anything.

But if you do have the money, get the STi and don't look back.

If you need any parts, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, Nick
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

What if you're not into racing at all? Or if you're leasing one and you can't, or have no desire to mod? What if you're a SoCal native forced to live in Michigan for the unforeseeable future and you just want to stay on the gd road like I was unable to do with my 02 Celica last winter....even with snow tires. No spinouts or wrecks thankfully, but I still had to creep everywhere, getting tailgated and passed by everyone.

Then would "wasting" money on a WRX because of its lack of features compared to the STI be advisable? The differences are clear between the two regarding the brakes and transmission for racing and the like, but what about the AWD systems for normal snow/ice/slush driving; are they similar at least (hopefully exactly the same)? I'm usually an all-or-nothing kinda guy but I just can't swing that STI price man....

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Trust me, coming from FWD to AWD...as long as you have AWD and good all seasons/winter tires, you'll be fine in the snow.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

Alright then, thanks.

I didn't mean to hijack your thread, atvmx, but I didn't think my question was worth a new topic since it was so similar to yours. I think you and I are looking for pretty much the same thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.