New and got some issues

This is a discussion on New and got some issues within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Greetings everyone, I have not been on the forum long, only have had my 03 wrx wagon since October of ...

New and got some issues

Greetings everyone,

I have not been on the forum long, only have had my 03 wrx wagon since October of 09. Been happy with it even though I have ran into some issues with it. The current one is that my oil seemed to have gotten low even though there was a ton of oil in it when I changed it this morning. Now I got a dilemma, it is still knocking....... So now I either do a bottom end on it and since I am paying on the car still. Is it worth it or do I just bite the bullet and let the dealer do unspeakable things to me and trade it for newer and take a hit again? My timing belt is due also but everything I'm seeing and hearing its the rods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Unless you can find a good deal on a wrecked wrx used motor id trade it in. Subys are a pain to work on and get expensive, you will end up spending about the same as you would fixing it on a newer one. Best of luck
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

I Support ClubWRX
    How much oil did you put in this morning? How much is there now as seen on the dipstick? Where did the rest go?

How long has it been making knock sounds? Where do they come from?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    How much oil did you put in this morning? How much is there now as seen on the dipstick? Where did the rest go?

How long has it been making knock sounds? Where do they come from?
    also, is your warranty still in effect? if it is, then just take it to the dealer and get a free rental car while they swap out your motor.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i have nothing to say, other than the fact that i love your social distortion avatar

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    also, is your warranty still in effect? if it is, then just take it to the dealer and get a free rental car while they swap out your motor.
    sorry man, all i saw was 09, not 2003 bought in 2009. obviously no warranty.

i would recommend trading it in lieu of the headache
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

It started after i got off the freeway the day before. I limped it home, then had a person besides my self take a look at it and got the its the rods diagnosis. I drained the oil yesterday, it had a low amount on the stick but there seemed to be plenty in the pan. I put in like 41/2 to five quarts the nocking well was not as bad its not till around 3000 rpm I hear it. Seems from the front of the motor but its hard to track down. I wonder if its not the timing stuff or if its maybe the pump or something like that maybe the belt jumped a tooth? I do not know really, I may take the front cover off today to see what is going on.