just got a S.T.I. .....help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on just got a S.T.I. .....help within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i just got an 04 sti with 13,000 k on it completely stock except for a blowoff valve....i want to ...

just got a S.T.I. .....help

i just got an 04 sti with 13,000 k on it completely stock except for a blowoff valve....i want to do some mods....any idea's? i realize this is a broad opinionated question but i'm trying come up with some ideas thanks.......

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thats pretty cool. How much did you pick her up for? Congrats and welcome

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Follow the link in my signature.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ditch the bov. Put a TBE on and get a tune. That's good for some more power, better spool, etc. The sti isn't perfect susppension-wise, but it's set up pretty well. Bushings, upgraded swaybars/endlinks and, if you have the cash to drop, springs/struts.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the site!

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

scruffythewild
    Quote Originally Posted by poly_poly-man View Post
    ditch the bov. Put a TBE on and get a tune. That's good for some more power, better spool, etc. The sti isn't perfect susppension-wise, but it's set up pretty well. Bushings, upgraded swaybars/endlinks and, if you have the cash to drop, springs/struts.
    I think this would be a good suspension mod also... when hes got the cash

Eibach Springs : Application Look-up

(if it dosent take you directly to it enter your 2004 subaru then click sti,4 door from the bottom then scroll down to the pro plus kit for 585$ there are some other cheaper solution on that site 2.

I agree with poly, first thing you should do is find someone with a stock BPV and trade them for your BOV.

the stock one was giving back to me ...i was gonna put it back on thanks for the input .....
    04 sti with 13000 miles on it....want upgrade the intake and exhaust ...also a helix downpipe and a blitznur spec exhaust was given to me but i haven't installed it yet. what kind of intake should i go with...? idk if this matters but i plan on driving this car more so on the street and probably very little on a track...any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....

I Support ClubWRX
    Did you check out the info in the link? I would start there, it will save time and $.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by StiKID View Post
    the stock one was giving back to me ...i was gonna put it back on thanks for the input .....
    04 sti with 13000 miles on it....want upgrade the intake and exhaust ...also a helix downpipe and a blitznur spec exhaust was given to me but i haven't installed it yet. what kind of intake should i go with...? idk if this matters but i plan on driving this car more so on the street and probably very little on a track...any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.....
    It'll be a while before you want to do an intake... Turbo cars don't need it until it really chokes the turbo into hotter operation... And before that, it screws up the maf.
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scruffythewild
    I think this would be a good suspension mod also... when hes got the cash

Eibach Springs : Application Look-up

(if it dosent take you directly to it enter your 2004 subaru then click sti,4 door from the bottom then scroll down to the pro plus kit for 585$ there are some other cheaper solution on that site 2.
    The Pro-Kit springs are nothing to write home about on the STI, and neither are those sways. 25mm hollow is probably about as stiff as 22mm solid, and only the rear is adjustable (2-way at that).

It wouldn't be a bad buy, but I would save up a few extra $$ and spend the money on other parts.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by StiKID View Post
    What poly said. gonna want to hold off the intake as installing one will most likely require a tune anyways :O

Why not start out with creature comforts if they haven't been done yet, such as window tint, stereo, speakers, subs, amp, and maybe a short shifter w/ bushings? You'll appreciate those more on a daily basis versus adding a heap of power and lowering it... After you get that done move onto engine management,bushings, TBE, and swaybars w/endlinks when you start to get bored with it... If you still feel the need to go past that then look into major suspention mods as well as bigger turbos and the other required mods to opperate them... welcome and congratulations, post pics...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtisg123 View Post
    What poly said. gonna want to hold off the intake as installing one will most likely require a tune anyways :O
    That down pipe requires a tune too.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You got a sexually transmitted infection?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast