Hey guys! New member! Picking up an 04 sti on thursday...few questions

This is a discussion on Hey guys! New member! Picking up an 04 sti on thursday...few questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So on thursday I will be more than likely be picking up an 04 sti with 80k miles on it ...

Hey guys! New member! Picking up an 04 sti on thursday...few questions

So on thursday I will be more than likely be picking up an 04 sti with 80k miles on it for 11k. ( rebuilt title but that doesnt bother me, never been wrecked, just bs insurance fraud with the first owner so no big deal) . How are these with high miles? I mean i dont plan on keeping it until it hits 200k but atleast for a year or 2, maybe hit 120k miles, something like that. When I go look at it, what are somethings I should look out for and ask? Its my first subby and im excited as hell to get it, so figured id stop by here and ask. Thanks guys!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    insurance fraud? is the original owner in your home town? personally I wouldnt buy it if he is. If he is able to commit insurance fraud, why not theft/vandalism..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Original owner hasnt had the car since 08 and hes from PA. I guess he couldn't afford it so he hid the car and reported is stolen bla bla bla

anyone else have some advice?

I Support ClubWRX
    How likely is the car to have been maintained correctly by someone that couldn't afford to keep it? How careful could they have been with it if they were more willing to -- from what you say -- commit a felony rather than deal with the car?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Im not worried about that lol the first owner only had it for 10k miles and the 2nd owner ( that i buying it from has had it for the rest) and he as all the maintenance records from him.

I Support ClubWRX
    OK. I'd buy a car with a full service history, using only authentic Subaru parts, legal for use on public roads in the US, not modified, and after a mechanic has gone through it for a fee.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.