Big problem with my A/C, please help.. thank you

This is a discussion on Big problem with my A/C, please help.. thank you within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my A/C started acting up 2 months ago.. whenever i turn the AC on it started making weird noise like ...

Big problem with my A/C, please help.. thank you

my A/C started acting up 2 months ago.. whenever i turn the AC on it started making weird noise like it's squeeling then probably every 30 to 40 sec i loose some power while the AC is on. i'm positively sure that it's not because of old belt because i just changed my belts january this year. i have a 2006STI with 50K miles on it. i just recently changed my clutch unit with the belts january this year. please help. i appreciate any advice. thank you and God bless

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Not saying that this is going to be correct but, I had a similar problem a while ago in my impreza. I am not sure about the power loss before the car has no power to begin with lol. The problem ended up being the AC compressor, and it would squeak and make noises at first until it got to the point where it was screeching almost every time I would drive the car, and was extremely loud. Hope this helps a little, and hope you find the problem before something worse happens.

lol! thank you for the reply bro! it's blowing cold air still but when i park the car and check it, i saw that when it makes the whine/screech noise the ac stops for about 2-3 sec then will be okay for the next 30-45sec when it starts to make noise again. i guess i have to suck it up and buy a new ac unit. oh well.. tnx again bro