Five mistakes as a noob
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Five mistakes as a noob within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; This is what I did wrong and I pray other do not follow 1. I did not reaserch my purchase.... ...

Five mistakes as a noob

This is what I did wrong and I pray other do not follow
    1. I did not reaserch my purchase....
    -all I knew is I wanted a bugeye wagon so when I saw one I jumped on it and bought it. I did no reasearch on the car and when I went to get it worked on I was told it was heavly modded and they turned it back to stock.
    2. Did not research mods....
    -I went straight for more power and neglected suspension and tranny. I did not research parts and believed a shops word was gold. Ended up buying junk parts that later I replaced but in terms cost me to much money in the long run. Example buying a hks downpipe which was not a bellmouth. Also did not research tuners so I ended up with bad tunes which cost more to get retuned. Just so you know what I mean ive had 7 tunes in 2years.
    3. Did not inspect the cars mods....
    -I bought a catless uppipe and had a shop install it when the car already had a catless uppipe.
    4. Making quick decision without doing research....
    -when my turbo blew I went and bought a blouch 16g in a rush. But I did not realize I would have to upgrade tmic and injectors which cost more money then I currently had.
    5. Did not research shops....
    -when my tranny blew I just went to the closest shop. The end result was horrible services two more blown tranny's and 5000 in the whole.

End result and what im trying to get at is research is key this forum is amazing and the members are helpful and full of knowledge. I love my car and I am still building it but now im doing it the right way ive thrown away close to 12000 and dont have much to show for it because of my faults. Research, research, research, I cant say it enough. I have a car that can accelerate super quick but it has no control. Thanks for reading please use this site and appreciate the benifits of knowledge.
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tough go at it huh... well thanks for sharing and good luck from here on out

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.