Newbie Introducing Himself

This is a discussion on Newbie Introducing Himself within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well found this site online and thought I would check things out and see what it has to offer. I ...

Newbie Introducing Himself

Well found this site online and thought I would check things out and see what it has to offer. I browsed a few threads/read some info and am liking what I have seen so far.
    As for about me, well just purchased a 2011 WRX to replace an outback that was totaled when somebody hit me running a red light. This will actually be my third subie first one being the good old baja. And I have to say, much more power then I am use to, but am adjusting nicely.

As for what the car here she is,

As for the current plans, I plan on tinting the windows, and possibly the lights. That and adding a little to the stereo. Other then that I am still breaking her in so no real plans for modding the engine.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.Congrats on the purchase.You should look into shifter upgrades.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and nice color! :]
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

I was thinking about the shifter upgrade, but at the same time im not wanting to void any factory warranties. That said I am totally open to suggestions, as I know I am going to have LOTS to learn. heck the last manual i drove was a 85 Toyota pickup lol.

As for the color, yeah I like it too. Ive been searching for 2 weeks now to replace my car and well, seems like every time i found one i was a day behind purchasing it. That said from what I have been told there were only 4 in the state and from my looking i can believe it. So was happy to finally connect.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Welcome aboard! Good crew here.

If you are interested in upgrading the shifter but have warranty fears you can go with the Subaru Short Throw Shifter unit. They install and it stays under warranty. That's what I did and and very pleased with the unit. Lots of people rave about Kartboy shifters as well, and unless a warranty repair is DIRECTLY related to the shifter (unlikely) there would be no issue.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Welcome to the forum =)