me crisco - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on me crisco within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ...

--- 1999 Impreza WRX STI JDM Version 5 Sedan ----

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

last year

heh - swap over everything but the VIN plate amirite

Did you get the parts one-by-one (as in not from one car) or end up grabbing up a complete v5 and grabbing them all from there? Also, real hard to tell from the pics - you LHD or RHD? EDIT: nvm, those last pics make it clear.

My plan (when I get the money for it in several years) is to buy a v7 sti from japan or smth, swap it into my wagon (getting clever where it counts in the rear fenders and whatnot), and end up with a LHD sti v7 wagon - truly my dream car . From what I've researched, it's possible to get a non-usable (aka engine in the trunk) car into the US without too many difficulties at customs, but I'd really like to hear experience on that. Any thoughts?
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

yes, lots of people get front clips: the front half of the car, cut behind the dash on a-pillars and behind the front door hinges. so you get a front clip and you can swap over the whole engine/tranny etc.

there's a friend of mine on nasioc with a Ver7 swapped bugeye wagon. lots of them around actually.

mine was similar but the whole car was shipped here, but it was cut in half behind the front seats. so everything is useable except the shell. then swapping to a bare us shell is quite a bit of work but it is straightforward. this one was RHD to use all the parts of the jdm car. you could of course keep the us dash and LHD but you would have to change the placement of the brake booster / etc under the hood to work for LHD. as said before, lots of people have done that and it works fine.

changin VIN plates is illegal so this car didn't have that done, plus the original chassis was cut in half and useless anyways.
    Last edited by crisco; 06-05-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Very nice cars and welcome!
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Quote Originally Posted by crisco View Post
    i like that one !!! i just might and i will credit you for it.
    Sweet... That's would be awesome! And mad props on the STi conversion, I'd give my left nut for one of those!!!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

thanks. although i must mention that i bought the car this way from a guy in NH. i didn't actually do the work. since buying it i did add the standalone EM / had it tuned, and adjusted the suspension a couple times.

Quote Originally Posted by crisco View Post
    thanks. although i must mention that i bought the car this way from a guy in NH. i didn't actually do the work. since buying it i did add the standalone EM / had it tuned, and adjusted the suspension a couple times.
    Either way, its still is a work of art... He must've invested A LOT of time, blood, sweat, and tear into that thing...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

even more about me

all 3 of my cars are for sale lol -- need to make money for the next project.

also WTB WRX Wagon 2002 to 2003 lol. also WTB Subaru Brat. or Subaru Sambar truck

sold the 2 bugeye wagons and now i just drive my truck to work...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.