Just Ordered the Perrin Sway Bar kit!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just Ordered the Perrin Sway Bar kit! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've got a 2011 WRX and the understeer and body roll always bugged me. Shouldn't be long now! I ordered ...

Talking Just Ordered the Perrin Sway Bar kit!

I've got a 2011 WRX and the understeer and body roll always bugged me. Shouldn't be long now!
    I ordered the 25mm, 22mm kit: Perrin Performance - Sway Bar Combo F&R Hard

It ended up costing around $615 shipped with their coupon codes.
    What do you guys think?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

im filled with joy for you, but im also very jealous. thats the set that comes with the endlinks also right? if not, buy end links. you wont really get anything out of having stiffer sway bars if you still have the mushy oem endlinks.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats ,sounds like a good price since it comes with the endlinks.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yup, comes with front and back end links, thats why I ordered this kit vs mixing and matching kartboy endlinks, cobb sway bars, etc. Also turned out cheaper all together.

Add me to the jealous list...please write an in depth review of these when you're done. It looks like a great kit and one that may go on my car eventually as well.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

just out of curiosity, why didnt you buy the kit that included the springs as well? i think its only a couple hundred $$$ more. the sway bars will be a great help with the severe understeer, but you will still be experiencing a lot of body roll with the oem springs. the only issue i have would be lowering the car.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

I didnt want to lower the car. I have flapatax mud flaps installed (see my thread here: 2011 WRX after a few months) and the mudflaps bottom out on bumps and drive ways as it is. I would have to replace them with rubber rally armor flaps if I was to lower it any..

Very cool - please post up on how the install went and your impression after installation.

definitely interested in seeing how you like em. i was looking at the exact same bars but i wanted to go Kartboy end links. i was shocked after doing my exhaust how tiny/thin the stock end links are. they're about as big around as a damn pencil! nice purchase and seems like a good price too.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr8er View Post
    definitely interested in seeing how you like em. i was looking at the exact same bars but i wanted to go Kartboy end links. i was shocked after doing my exhaust how tiny/thin the stock end links are. they're about as big around as a damn pencil! nice purchase and seems like a good price too.
    my thoughts exactly.I got the kartboy rear endlinks through a GB and they look solid,which is why I'm now looking at Kartboys for the front as well.Just haven't decided on sways.I'm leaning towards Whitelines but these Perrins looks good.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I have Perrin's "hard" (25mm front, 22mm rear) sways and like them quite a bit. I'm using Kartboy endlinks though. The sways make a big difference and I can take fast turns and see the hood scoop staying mostly level the entire time. I do have coils though and they quelled a lot of body roll already, prior to my sway install.

I'm on the middle settings and haven't fiddled to see what other settings feel like just yet. Medium feel really good as it is.

The softest setting on the Hard sways is the hardest setting on the Soft. So I think you made a good call going with the Hard setup.

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    just out of curiosity, why didnt you buy the kit that included the springs as well?
    Those springs are a pretty aggresive drop IIRC and not recommended with stock struts because of that. So while it may be advertised as a "complete" setup, it's not really since you'd almost certainly need struts.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

good choice on the sway bars got the same sway bars set on medium plus plus strut bar, I went with the K4rtboy endlinks only cause i heard alot of good feedback from it. Very happy about the purchase. How does teh ride feel?
    '11 Pearl White WRX ,WrinkleRed AEM Cold Air Intake,RA Mud Flaps,3" CBE Cobb (on backorder still!!),Cobb Delrin Red Shift Knob
    Cobb AccessPort Stage 1 93oct @17.3psi, K4rtboy front and rear endlinks,Perrin Strut Bar,Perrin Front/rear Sway Bars 22mm/25mm

Crazy fast shipping from Perrin, I ordered the bars on Wed Night, and got the package on Friday! (They ship from Portland and I'm in seattle) I plan on doing the install and taking pics later this week :-D

I want to know how you like them I am thinking about ordering them also.

I've been running the 25mm bar up front for a while now.. only thing I dont like about it is that it doesn't self center.. you may have to improvise some sort of clamps to keep it put. I used some leftover 1" coolant hose and clamps. Keeps it centered quite nicely. If you want pics I'd be happy to snap some.

Other than that, I've got the kb end links and really like the way the bar keeps the car flat. Turn in with this bar is quite an improvement over factory. I have mine set on the hard setting, I'm still on factory rate springs (08 sti fronts..same rate 15mm shorter) using a whiteline 20mm rear bar also on the hard setting and the car stays nice and flat. You'll really like this combo it drastically improves the feel of the car. This is the way they should have come from the factory.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.