another newbie
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on another newbie within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi all, I just bought my 2nd Subaru Impreza. Itís a 2006 WRX, it looks really nice, is very standard, ...

I Support ClubWRX

another newbie

Hi all,

I just bought my 2nd Subaru Impreza. Itís a 2006 WRX, it looks really nice, is very standard, but does some have some Subaru factory extras fitted. I am looking forward to getting my hands dirty with this car.

This is my 2nd US car and I have been living in the US for about 1yr and half now, but i think I will keep this one for a long while. I came over from England where I owned my first Impreza, and just like the Subaru advert says, "You never forget your first Subaru" I never forgot mine. And the guy across the road from me has a nice blue WRX which didnít help

My first Impreza was a 1995 WRX STI Type RA "555" limited edition, it was awesome very basic, but very fast. It was JDM import into the UK and I had a lot of fun on the English roads, did a good few modifications and really got to know the car well. Sadly the petrol prices were getting high in the UK, and I had to use Shell optimax because of the higher octane level and the car being an import, so I had to cut my losses and sell. If you think petrol prices are expensive here, have a look at prices in the UK its nearly $8 a gallon.

Anyway I'm very happy to have my new toy and hopefully will have a lot of fun with it.

JP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome & congrats.What are your plans for the car?Any pics?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks, I will be getting some pictures, at the moment it just looks like a standard silver 2006 WRX though.

I am going to put an exhaust on, just CBE for now. Money is tight so I ordered a godspeed one off eBay (very cheap) but now i am reading the peoples comments on them, not sure if I did the right thing. Hopefully it get through the next couple months then I can think about replacing it. then an air intake or some sort, need to read up on that though.

Things here are very different than in the UK, I knew what makes to get, where to get them, I seem to be starting from scratch. Never heard of Cobb until I got this scooby.

Otherwise no big plans for the moment, my wife would kill me if I started doing things so soon after buying the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    You can find almost all the info you need here Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

You can find a lot of the stuff you are looking for at http://www.rallysportdirect.com/ OR http://turninconcepts.com/index.php?cPath=1_9_7_486
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    I have pics of my scooby from England

Will get some of the new one very soon.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    You can find almost all the info you need here Unabomber's Manifesto - NASIOC

You can find a lot of the stuff you are looking for at RallySportDirect.com - Performance Car Parts Online OR 2006-2007 WRX - Turn in Concepts
    lot of reading.... thanks for the link

Welcome. Your old car looks awesome. Hope you like the new one.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by metaldahlberg View Post
    Welcome. Your old car looks awesome. Hope you like the new one.
    thanks, it wasn't massive power, I think I had it on the RR at 297bhp with 276lbs of torque, but that was with 3 cracked coilpacks and a big mis-fire at 4500rpm. The gearbox was very short, it would only make 130mph tops but got there very very fast. It was a lot of fun, but very basic, there wasn't much sound proofing either, you could clearly hear the fuel pump from inside the car. It was all light weight panels and the drivers roof vent was awesome. i do miss it, but I know the new one will be just as much fun.

I Support ClubWRX
    finally got some pictures of my new scooby.

took advantage of the cooler weather and made her shiny

I Support ClubWRX
    My fav color or "colour" for you .Very nice looking ,clean car
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    My fav color or "colour" for you .Very nice looking ,clean car
    thank you. And yes colour should have a 'u' in it

I wanted a blue one, but every one I see is blue, so when this one came up and I saw it in person I was really liking it. It looks like bright silver in the sun, and like a dark titanium in the shade. Really like it, and silver is easy to keep clean

I Support ClubWRX
    this isn't my first silver car, in my car history I have had a fair few cars, most of them Japanese imports. this was my other silver car. A Nissan Skyline R33.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.