So heres my INTRO :

This is a discussion on So heres my INTRO : within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up a 09 WRX hatch. Literally pulled a u-turn to get to the dealer and traded in my ...

So heres my INTRO :

Just picked up a 09 WRX hatch. Literally pulled a u-turn to get to the dealer and traded in my car for this ride. Been searching and searching for months and wasnt gonna let this one go. V-Dubs were my thing years ago, but theres no comparison. Tons of info on here and tons of controversy too, as with any forum. What works works. Im just looking for the best info possible. Nothing I own can be stock....

---Joe---

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

More specifically what are you looking to do? Handling? Engine Performance? is this just going to be a daily driver or will it see any track time? do you want it to see dirt?

Engine for now then Brakes, not too happy with the brakes.... I had some huge Brembos on my GTI and that thing felt like it would stand up on its nose. Def hitting the drag strip, I miss that ! Also a DD.

It looks as though COBB and Perinn come up quite often in the Subaru world. AccessPort and Downpipe will most likely be first.

---Joe---

Do catless up pipe and down pipe. If you can get a bell mouth down pipe or divorced they are a little better. Most up pipes are about the same but having a flex section can prevent from cracking. Im currently working on doing the same thing. I already have an SRS cat back exhaust and an SPT intake i will all put on when I get cobb stage 2 tuned. My friends older brother who owns FRS motorsports in LA area suggested I do all these simple mods first. You need to buy the access port which seems pricey, but you can always sell it later on for nearly what you pay for it (they dont lose much value). After these simple upgrades his brother guarentees 60+ Hp increase plus even more torque. I am getting it dyno tuned as well which will make the power band all around even better but its pricey. As far as breaks, I am trying to find some STI breaks to pull off a salvaged car. They preform much better than our stock junk haha. I am just looking into suspension stuff myself so I'm not sure what to go with yet. I want to let my car see dirt haha. If you want to ask a good shop check out Synaptic 3. I have yet to call them but my friends brother (who owns FSR) says they know everything about suspension for subies.

Ross

welcome to the forum. Good choice on first mods, DP and AP. That is a great place to start. just remember all parts are not equal and 1 part will not yield what a part by the same name will, if that makes sence. Quality is everything with these cars and the saying "you get what you paid for" is very true with them as well!

Enjoy the Subi!
    Last edited by SD_GR; 09-17-2011 at 02:37 PM.

welcome
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Welcome to the site.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome to the forum & congrats on your purchase.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Now hold on. Are you absolutely sure that you want to sacrifice your factory warranty at this moment? Especially given the poor engine build quality in some of the 2009 WRXs?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

ohhhhh nooo a realist, be gone!

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Welcome. Now hold on. Are you absolutely sure that you want to sacrifice your factory warranty at this moment? Especially given the poor engine build quality in some of the 2009 WRXs?
    Yup. Live fast. Take chances.

---Joe---