Finally

This is a discussion on Finally within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just got my 2011 WRX (limited) Silver with gun metal rims and a short throw shifter. Very hard to find ...

Finally

Just got my 2011 WRX (limited) Silver with gun metal rims and a short throw shifter. Very hard to find these cars and Subaru knows it. So far so good although it sounds like one of my speakers is blown. I haven't driven a 5 speed in years. Fun fun fun!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome and pics!?
    Clarke Tuned | Cobb SRI | Cobb DP | Nameless Mid-Pipe & Axleback | PW TMIC | DW65C | NGK2309 | SPT STS | RA Flaps w/Blue | Pro-Clip | KB Black Aluminum Shift Knob | KB Front & Rear Shifter Bushings | 18x9.5 +40 Gunmetal Rota D wrapped in 265/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 | 24mm Whiteline Front Sway & 22mm Rear | Kartboy Front & Rear Endlinks | Yakima Roof Rack Complete System w/ Highroller Bike Rack & Yakima Fairing | 35% Tint | Full Sound Dead | Blue Prova Rearview

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on the new ride.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Congrats. You'll love the car and the color. I picked up my spark silver 2011 wrx 2 weeks ago. I had trouble finding one too, took me about a month. I absolutely love the silver, it looks clean all the time, turned out to be a great color choice for me. I also have the gun metal rims.

If you have the base stereo like me, I think the speakers just aren't that good. One of mine sounds the same way. The head unit is cool, but the speakers need to be upgraded.

Manual tranny is the only way to go.

(btw - I just painted my calipers red, looks good with the silver)

Enjoy!

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome & congrats on your purchase.

The speakers are not the problem.The problem is the terrible OEM head unit.The signal it gives out is too weak.You may try an amplifier/sub woofer OR get a new head unit.

Another option, if you want to keep the OEM unit with the steering controls, may be to add a JL cleansweep to flatten the signal from the OEM unit before sending it to an amplifier.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Thanks to all of you for the nice welcome. I'm trying to guilt the dealer into a subwoofer. I've found mostly that the bass thru the IPOD is really distorted, less so when I play music from my cell phone thru bluetooth, and not at all with FM radio. Oh well....the exhausts make sweet music too!!! Another question for you late model owners....how many miles to the gallon are you getting? Also can you play Pandora (off cell phone) thru the stereo? Thanks all!!! Have a great day!