bmac4

This is a discussion on bmac4 within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello Everyone, Just received my owner manual addendum for my 2011 wrx from SOA which notified me of the recommended ...

bmac4

Hello Everyone,
    Just received my owner manual addendum for my 2011 wrx from SOA which notified me of the recommended first oil change at 7500miles with5w-30 synthetic for all turbo models,which previously had the first recommended oil change at 3000 miles.I took delivery a couple months ago and still only have 1400miles on my car. I have never waited 7500miles to do an oil change on any car,but I understand that the synthetic oils are superior and require less frequent changes.Am I missing something here or should I just follow the revised SOA owner information addendum oil and filter changes?Thanks for any input on this.@

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wouldn't wait. I do mine every 3k and check the level at every fill up. New car I would probably do it even sooner for the first change.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Thanks for your response metaldahlberg,I will do my first change at 3000.

Quote Originally Posted by bmac4 View Post
    Thanks for your response metaldahlberg,I will do my first change at 3000.
    Just like that you're going to believe metaldahlberg??? He's contributed only unsolicited, worthless opinions, since 9/10!!
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Hey jd92677,whats your opinion on this then.I can tell you have good taste as I have the same car as yours,except maybe any mods as mine is all stock.Love the DGM color.

Quote Originally Posted by bmac4 View Post
    Hey jd92677,whats your opinion on this then.I can tell you have good taste as I have the same car as yours,except maybe any mods as mine is all stock.Love the DGM color.
    I agree, we have good taste I also agree with metaldahlberg on the 3000 mile interval, I got the same addendum but my take on it is this... You can't change oil too often, and you also can't undo damage caused by not changing enough.
    Last edited by jd92677; 05-26-2011 at 02:51 PM.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677 View Post
    Just like that you're going to believe metaldahlberg??? He's contributed only unsolicited, worthless opinions, since 9/10!!
    Lol, made me crack up.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

KHP
    I changed my oil at 1000 miles then at 3750 miles. I'm planning on again changing my oil when I hit 7500 miles (so after another 3750 miles). After that I'll analyze the trends on my UOA and maybe follow the 7500 mile interval.

In my opinion 3000 mile intervals are ridiculous after breakin. We have well engineered engines and synthetic oils now that that short of an interval is a thing of the past. Heck my sisters BMW has been following 15,000 mile intervals (since brand new) with over 100,000 miles on the clock and the engine is still running like new.
    Last edited by KHP; 05-26-2011 at 03:42 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by KHP
    I change my oil at 1000 miles then at 3750 miles. I'm planning on again changing my oil when I hit 7500 miles (so after another 3750 miles). After that I'll analyze the trends on my UOA and maybe follow the 7500 mile intervals.
    UOA > Internet advice

Quote Originally Posted by jd92677
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I did my first at about 2000. I think i'll be doing it every 3000 or so now though.