Goodbye Porsche, Hello Subaru
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Goodbye Porsche, Hello Subaru within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After getting tired of not being able to drive my boxster in the winter, I decide to sell it and ...

Goodbye Porsche, Hello Subaru

After getting tired of not being able to drive my boxster in the winter, I decide to sell it and buy a WRX. I bought the base model with sport exhaust. So far so good! I'm not sure if I will mod the car out because I am getting a bit older (38) but the performance of the car is astounding.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome & congrats on the purchase.What MY did you get?And what is a sport exhaust?

You are never too old to mod.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2011 WRX (Black on Black) with SPT CATBACK DUAL MUFFLER EXHAUST SYSTEM (adds about 10HP)

I have the same setup, although silver (sedan). I had a 2002 wrx silver with (sti) front spoiler,side skirts and rear defuser. It's crazy about how little the price has increased in nearly a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome & congrats on the purchase.What MY did you get?And what is a sport exhaust?

You are never too old to mod.
    +1!!!

That's like saying you are too old for fun! lol

Welcome!

How do you think the WRX handles compared to the boxster? I have driven my friends boxster and I love how that little car hugs the road.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Welcome and congrats 38 is not old. I am only one year behind you. I will say the WRX un-modded is a lot faster than most of modded RSX's and new civic Si's and will handle much better being awd.

Welcome! What area of Philly? I reside in Manayunk and work in Center City!

Never too old to have a WRX or to mod...but don't be fooled. The SPT Catback won't yield any noticeable power. It just makes it sound faster

You begin to add power when you go stage 1 (reflash of the ECU to Stage 1 map) or Stage 2 (replace downpipe with a more free-flowing and less restrictive one, and flash Stage 2 map) among other upgrades. But let it be known, to see any real results...tuning is a necessity on these cars. Stick around, do some searching, and you will gain some great knowledge around here!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on your purchase and welcome.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky73 View Post
    After getting tired of not being able to drive my boxster in the winter, I decide to sell it and buy a WRX. I bought the base model with sport exhaust. So far so good! I'm not sure if I will mod the car out because I am getting a bit older (38) but the performance of the car is astounding.
    Wow, what a strange coincidence! I'm just over the bridge from you, and I got rid of my '99 Boxster a few months ago for a 2011 WRX.

If you're around, Cherry Hill Subaru is having a "tuner event" at their dealership on June 9th from 5-8pm.

OGuitar: No comparison. The Boxster has phenominal handling, and unfortunately the suspension on the WRX leaves a lot to be desired. But that's the trade-off for having back seats, a trunk, and AWD.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky73 View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! Age has nothing to do with modding! I'm 38 and will be modding cars until the day I die! Can't help it. Hell I mod everything I touch (mostly out of boredom). Lawn mower,weedwacker,remote control toys....... Best bang for the buck would be a "Stage 1" ECU retune. It would really wake the car up and requires no aftermarket parts.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

welcome! pics?
    2007 Satin White Pearl WRX TR
    1983 Audi GT Coupe Sold
    They call me Sunshine
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/photog...ng-thread.html
    "big, healthy, husky, fluffy, DAYYUM, oh hell no"

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Congrats on the purchase! Age has nothing to do with modding! I'm 38 and will be modding cars until the day I die! Can't help it. Hell I mod everything I touch (mostly out of boredom). Lawn mower,weedwacker,remote control toys....... Best bang for the buck would be a "Stage 1" ECU retune. It would really wake the car up and requires no aftermarket parts.
    You're 38? We should have brought you depends, not beer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    You're 38? We should have brought you depends, not beer.
    I prefer Huggies..............
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Oh good God man, that's just disturbing.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast