new wrx owner (former 05 legacy gt)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on new wrx owner (former 05 legacy gt) within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; just got my new 11 wrx limited edition. leather seats and hid's were a nice touch that i also enjoyed ...

new wrx owner (former 05 legacy gt)

just got my new 11 wrx limited edition. leather seats and hid's were a nice touch that i also enjoyed on my legacy. the rally blue sedan has been getting a lot of looks in town.

there are a few questions i was curious that i didn't find.

1) any tips on removing the "wrx" emblem on the front grille without removing the grille?

2) accessport stage 1? what kind of gains in terms 1/4 times, trap?

3) is anyone using the satellite radio feature? how is it for all of you doing that?

4) the best short shifter?

thanks so much guys and i'm happy to be on here. this is my first post.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome... have any pictures of the 2 cars?
    kartboy makes a nice shifter and bushings kit, as far as the stage 1 reflash times and trap speed is hard to decipher due to the different variables that affect the numbers... there are a few companies that sell sport aftermarket grills, but I'm pretty sure that its formed into the grill itself... I don't really like satellite radio, cause I always use my phone as an mp3 player...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

The WRX emblem is held on with two little flat clips. It is easy to take the front bumper off to get to it but you can remove the 4 plastic push pins from the top of the grill and pull it back enough to get your hand in there.

1)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    The WRX emblem is held on with two little flat clips. It is easy to take the front bumper off to get to it but you can remove the 4 plastic push pins from the top of the grill and pull it back enough to get your hand in there.
    2) sorry, can't help here

3) sorry, can't help here. iPhone always playing the tunes!

4) Kartboy! but the bushings are the more important/better part rather than the actual shifter itself
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    ^ your avatar & sjcurtis' are almost identical lol. confused me for a second.

anyway, i agree. kartboy ftw! :]

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

lol, great minds....
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

1. Goo gone helps with getting the sticky stuff off if there is any left behind when pulling it

I am a huge fan of Grillcraft, it looks so awesome, check it out:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/a...5e1a4a&x=0&y=0

thanks everyone!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on that new WRX.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

Quote Originally Posted by MrSweet View Post
    1. Goo gone helps with getting the sticky stuff off if there is any left behind when pulling it

I am a huge fan of Grillcraft, it looks so awesome, check it out:

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/a...5e1a4a&x=0&y=0
    Goo gone won't help one bit on the emblem on the grill and youy really do not need it until the badges are completely off the back since the car is brand new. I did mine about a week after i got it, I just got some fishing line, a hair dryer, and the goo gone. Heat of the letters individually or a few at a time and gradually pull them off with the fishing line. Very simple and take almost no time at all! If you do end up getting the front wrx emblem off post a pic or two i am curious to see what it looks like.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.