My Poor Baby!!! :(
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Poor Baby!!! :( within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So was at my friends house today hanging out and we heard a loud snap and a crash and this ...

My Poor Baby!!! :(

So was at my friends house today hanging out and we heard a loud snap and a crash and this is what i came out to!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Now that sucks!
    Is only the hood and windshield damaged?
    2005 SPT WRX Wagon
    "Watch out boys, because girls love mods on a WRX too!"
    Blobeye Syndicate Member #009

Thats still cool as hell that a tree fall on top of the car and thats the only damage. You would expect the car to be totaled with a tree that size on top of it.

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    It's a good thing that telephone pole and wire supported that tree.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

The hood, windshield, and the pillar? i think it is call haha are the only things that I can tell got damaged at the moment. Just towed her off to the body shop this morning so will get a word on the true damage soon enough. YEa thank god for the phone pole and the wires! The tree snap the power lines about a 1/2 mile down the street, pretty crazy stuff just glad it didnt smash it totally
    Last edited by skudda33; 05-30-2011 at 10:28 AM.

Oo. Sorry to hear about that, but like sjcurtis said, amazing that that's the only damage! Warranty I hope...!!

Also...where in jersey are you?

I Support ClubWRX
    Phew,that was close!

My boss was driving down the parkway when a tree fell on his week old 7 series.He had to be airlifted & was in the ICU for a week with multiple fractures & head injuries.

I would say you are extremely lucky.

This reminded me of an earlier thread we had on the subject of falling trees Amazing story of STi vs. falling trees
    Last edited by rage-wrx; 05-21-2011 at 08:10 AM.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebuka View Post
    Oo. Sorry to hear about that, but like sjcurtis said, amazing that that's the only damage!
    It could have been far worse ... could have been crushed with you in it!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

That sucks. If that happened to me I'd wish it would just completely smash the car so I could get a new one. To me, a car is never the same after it's been in some sort of an accident.
    2005 Pontiac GTO 6-speed
    364.94rwhp 359.47rwtq
    Mods: K&N Drop in Filter, MSD wires, AC Delco plugs, Corsa Sport Catback, Lonestar Ported LS2 Intake/TB

Quote Originally Posted by LoneStar View Post
    That sucks. If that happened to me I'd wish it would just completely smash the car so I could get a new one. To me, a car is never the same after it's been in some sort of an accident.
    Trust me I feel the same but at least I know what happened and I would much rather this then an actual accident. The damage is not as bad as it could have been so I'm optimistic about the outcome of the estimate and the end result after she is all fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nebuka View Post
    Oo. Sorry to hear about that, but like sjcurtis said, amazing that that's the only damage! Warranty I hope...!!

Also...where in jersey are you?
    erything should be covered by my insurance and the home owners insurance of the guy who owns the property the tree fell from lets hope. I have heard trees can be tricky so we will see I will be hoping for the best of course. Should be getting an estimate and find out what the total damage is tomorrow hopefully.

From Denville (north jersey, morris county area)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    Thats still cool as hell that a tree fall on top of the car and thats the only damage. You would expect the car to be totaled with a tree that size on top of it.
    The tree seems to be supported by the power lines.

Admin - Scooby Hooligan

I Support ClubWRX
    ... still glad u r unhurt
    ScoobyDMC #000,HawkEyeAlliance#000,Blobeye Syndicate #000, SQC-NY #009, "Dragon Slayer"
    "All We'll Drive"

I <3 boobies: rallyarmor/keepabreast/mud flaps limited edition

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex View Post
    The tree seems to be supported by the power lines.
    The tree is supported by the power lines thank god. THe branch to the left of my car in some of the pictures is what did all the damage and must have broken off when it made contact. I am just glad the damage is not too too bad from what I could see at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    ... still glad u r unhurt
    I would say I am unhurt but every subi owner in here knows the pain that is brought on inside of you when you see even the slightest scratch on your car. So yes I was unhurt physically since i was no where near it when it fell but damn does it hurt to look at that beautiful car all dented up.

That power line was a grace from the Subaru gods. Glad you or anyone else was not hurt. You may be in for a ride with your insurance company though. You may be right regarding running into hassles because it was a tree on someone's yard. This may not be settled as speedy as you'd like. Post updates on your situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Pdot View Post
    That power line was a grace from the Subaru gods. Glad you or anyone else was not hurt. You may be in for a ride with your insurance company though. You may be right regarding running into hassles because it was a tree on someone's yard. This may not be settled as speedy as you'd like. Post updates on your situation...
    Got a phone call from my insurance company today and an adjuster is going to the body shop tomorrow to check out the damage and what not. I can only hope for the best and that this will not take longer then it should. All i want is my car back lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.