My Poor Baby!!! :( - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My Poor Baby!!! :( within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So got the estimate from the body shop today not too bad... Total cost should be around 3000$ they quoted ...

So got the estimate from the body shop today not too bad... Total cost should be around 3000$ they quoted 2900$ but you never know what else they might find while taking it apart. Insurance will cover everything all I need is the 500$ deductible so that's not terrible at least I mean I wish it never happened but 500 will have to do. Body shop said once the parts all come in car should be ready to go about 5 days after so I'm pumped and can't wait to get her back! Will keep you posted on anything else!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know that it's to late now but you should look into a 0$ Comprehensive Deductible. I changed mine from a $250 to a $0 and it was only $5 more a month and comprehensive covers everything other than a collishion that is your fault.

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    I know that it's to late now but you should look into a 0$ Comprehensive Deductible. I changed mine from a $250 to a $0 and it was only $5 more a month and comprehensive covers everything other than a collishion that is your fault.
    In New Jersey (land of crazy expensive car insurance), it's going to be more than $5/month.

lucky for those powerlines, or else you probably wouldve had a totaled wrx.

i deal with these kind of claims a lot as an adjuster, and the large majority of the time, the homeowners insurance of the property owner will not cover the loss because the tree falls (no pun intended) under an "act of god" clause in the policy. if the owner is cool, maybe you can get your $500 deductible back from him.

on the comprehensive coverage note, its a fairly inexpensive coverage to purchase, but a lot depends on where you live. In California, the company I work for doesn't even offer $0 deductible coverage, but it's always worth checking out the price difference.

good luck, i hope you car looks great when it's done!
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

glad to hear it's not too bad, definitely could've been worse. you'll have her back in no time!
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Sorry to hear! hope you get it back soon!

Sorry to hear dude. Hopefully you'll get it back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Officer Cartman View Post
    In New Jersey (land of crazy expensive car insurance), it's going to be more than $5/month.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by slantyeyedkid View Post
    Sorry to hear dude. Hopefully you'll get it back soon.
    Thanks man ****ty situation o well what can i do about it, guess that is what comes with living in the woods, too bad it had to be this car and not my last o well! last time I park right there no matter how many times i go to my friends house haha. How is your car doing??? hit that 1000mile marker yet? I hit mine o ya know about 2 days before the tree fell so terrible ha.

Well for all that care to see the progress of the body repairs my body shop so nicely posts pictures and updates on the status of the repair so untill the rest of the parts come in this is what has been started.

Was hoping for no bondo to be used but guess ill have to live with it o well

I hit my 1K last week, but parked it for the weekend. This weekend going on a trip and taking the long way around with some curves. Living in the woods ain't a bad thing, living near state parks are fun. Hopefully you aren't going crazy without your ride and you get it back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    Was hoping for no bondo to be used but guess ill have to live with it o well
    as long as you took your vehicle to a good shop, there is no reason to be worried about bondo. plus, its much better for the car for them to repair that windshield pillar with a very thin layer of bondo than to cut the whole pillar out of the roof and A pillar and weld a new one in.

hope you get your car back soon
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    as long as you took your vehicle to a good shop, there is no reason to be worried about bondo. plus, its much better for the car for them to repair that windshield pillar with a very thin layer of bondo than to cut the whole pillar out of the roof and A pillar and weld a new one in.

Good point I just want it new which i can not have lol. The body shop is one of the best around and have seen nothing but good work come from them so I am excited to see how she looks

hope you get your car back soon
    Quote Originally Posted by slantyeyedkid View Post
    I hit my 1K last week, but parked it for the weekend. This weekend going on a trip and taking the long way around with some curves. Living in the woods ain't a bad thing, living near state parks are fun. Hopefully you aren't going crazy without your ride and you get it back soon.
    Living in the woods has its ups and downs, ups being it is gorgeous with not many people around, downs the acorns and apparently i have to watch out for trees now too lol.

Day 2 of body work

Godspeed, my brother.

I knicked one of my wheels on a turn I took too sharply and there is now a permanent gash. I could feel my heart sink when I saw it.. this is now my 2nd self-inflicted scuff to my baby. I can't imagine how much this must hurt you!
    2011 WRX DGM Limited Hatch
    Stink-Eye Mob #408

Cobb AP Stage 1, AEM CAI, SPT CBE, Tint, Red Tail Overlays, V1 hardwire, RA Mudflaps, STI STS, HT Auto Front Lip

Quote Originally Posted by katzuu View Post
    Godspeed, my brother.

I knicked one of my wheels on a turn I took too sharply and there is now a permanent gash. I could feel my heart sink when I saw it.. this is now my 2nd self-inflicted scuff to my baby. I can't imagine how much this must hurt you!
    Thanks man.... yea **** sucks at least it was not my fault at all so I can live with that a little more sorta haha.. Ouch I could only imagine the feeling of hitting your wheel, it is painful to even think about it.

Yorktown Heights, New York, United States
    damm :O! thats crazy sh*t right there
    you were at the wrong place, at the wrong time; thank god you're alright though.
    i *****ed up the front lower bumper going up a driveway and i felt like ****; i dont even want to imagine how you felt
    Last edited by rudy123; 05-28-2011 at 01:29 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast