New WRX 2011 from Canada

This is a discussion on New WRX 2011 from Canada within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi guys, im a new user here, i have been reading the forum a bit before buying it tho. Im ...

New WRX 2011 from Canada

Hi guys, im a new user here, i have been reading the forum a bit before buying it tho. Im from Québec, Canada (i speak french ) and im 26 years old. So, my previous car was a mazda 3 gs 2005 (bought it new in 2005) and now that i had over 25 i was willing to get something sportier (insurrance cost under 25 for sports car sucks). After testing some car, it was between mazdaspeed3 (had really good offer since i had a mazda already) and WRX (AWD is a plus when you get 5-6 months in the snow each year). So despite being more expensive, i went with the WRX. Canda price are alot higher than in US despite money being almost same, my base trim was 32,5k plus prep and taxe sticker, (been able to get 1k off the price and gave my car (4500) + 3k cash) so im still paying 450$ a month for 7 years (interrest rate are really high also, 6% for 7 years). I live in a really small town so my insurance are 90$ a month (clean record) Its a base trim in plasma blue (Yes, its available here)

Im really happy with it so far. Still break in it (close to 500 km done so far) but im a not a guy who drive hard much so i guess i wont be an ass on road with it after the break in period. The radio isnt really good but with the sound the car do, who cares about the radio, i hardly turn it on. The rest of the car feel nice, i may try to change for a short shifter in future but i want to start spending my money on protecting it first. I bought the all season floor mat yesterday, i also took a rendez-vous for paint, rust and cloth protection (company is call Perma-Shine), some ppl will say to do it myself but i did my previous car there and the guy do an awesome job. All i have to do is wash it often and it keeps its wet shine and water pearl on it. Even after 3 years (summer +winter) without any wax, it was still looking really good. I think it should protect paint around 5 years before you need to reapply it. (This is what they say, but i can confirm that with my mazda after 3 years it was still protected) The rust protection (perma guard) is guarantee for 10 years (first time i try this tho, will see)

After that, ill probably look for a clear bra, window tint (cant put any in front window unless i go illegal, but i can put anything i want in rear one) and some winter tires. Im thinking of using the stock rims for winter and get maybe some gold rims for summer (i guess a purplish color with gold rims must look nice, if anyone have that i would like to see a pic please)

This is the first time i participate to a car forum but after reading a bit here the community looks nice and i guess i will be able to find some good tips here.

Have a nice day everyone
    Last edited by Ticopain; 05-20-2011 at 07:01 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hello and welcome. I was looking for a 11wrx but no one had any here in the portland and washington area. Ended up finding a 08sti instead.

Good find on your car looks great!

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yea, they are starting to run low on stock here also, i bought the last one on the car lot at my local dealer and if i would have ordered one it would have been from another dealer probably. Someone ordered one a bit before i bought mine, he had 3 color choice and the had to take one like 300 km away (i guess they drove it to bring it to the dealer) i prefered taking the one with fresh odometer even if plasma blue wasnt my first choice (still a nice color in person tho).

Congrats and welcome to the forum.