Rate this wrx please!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Rate this wrx please! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'm looking into maybe purchasing a used 2004 WRX sedan. Its only had one owner and currently sits at 92xxx ...

Rate this wrx please!

I'm looking into maybe purchasing a used 2004 WRX sedan. Its only had one owner and currently sits at 92xxx miles.

Seems to have been maintained on schedule and not driven too crazy.

However the exterior which is silver has some flaws.. a 3 inch dent on the roof, various scratches/scuffs about the car and key mark on the passenger door. forgot to ask how long..

Interior is good and almost everything works no problem.

priced at 9500 however I think he will be flexible with the pricing.

The Main concern I have for this vehicle is at 93xxx miles. I am sure there will be many big maintenance's upcoming.

I'm thinking I'll end up replacing the timing belt, clutch, waterpump, tires.. just to name a few.

But I'm no Subaru expert and I was wondering what some of the more experienced members on this forum thought.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Is the 518 indicative of your location? If so, is it a wagon?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

lol no 518 is today's date. and i already stated that its a sedan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx518
    lol no 518 is today's date.
    Roger. A friend is selling his '04 in the 518 area code, so figured I'd ask

Quote Originally Posted by wrx518
    i already stated that its a sedan
    Reading comprehension > me, apparently
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

If I were to buy any high(er) mileage car I would absolutely do the next main scheduled maintenance service, even if the owner said it was taken care of already.

The price isn't terrible so maybe talk them down to $9k or less telling them you must get the 90k service done which is a few hundred, + need money for tires/clutch/etc. You will almost certainly encounter some kind of issue with a 90k car but having extra money to pay for that stuff is all I would be worried about.

A test drive is a must though.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Pics? Pics. Pics!
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

Personally, I think that price is a bit high. They might be able to get that if the timing belt, water pump etc had already been done.

Also consider that you will most likely need to change out all the fluids in that thing too... which is a weekend at least. If you can talk em down, I'd say maybe.

Personally, I would look for an 06-07 WRX (if you can afford it that is)... I have both a 2.0 and a 2.5, and lemme tell ya its a big difference.

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Id offer 7,500 without the service or 8,500 with the spark plugs and timing belt ( water pump and pulleys) already replaced.

When I bought my wife's jetta I offered the guy 5k cash as is or 5,500 with the timing belt replaced. However it's a harder job on the Subaru and I did the plugs myself. Plugs on a 1.8t are much easier than on a subaru.
    Last edited by SonicWagon; 05-19-2011 at 10:35 AM.
    "It is at our most challenging times that we must cheat our very hardest" - Eric Theodore Cartman
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasel 555 View Post
    so whose up for been banned?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    I is teh b1ggest douche evarrrr!~

Actually I was going to offer him 7500 because of all maintenance and the damage.

I just don't know if he would take it or not =/

Timing belt and water pump isnt that hard... it can be done in an afternoon.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.