New Here

This is a discussion on New Here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Thought I'd post an introduction up. Picked up an 08 SWP WRX Hatch from a friend Thursday. took it to ...

New Here

Thought I'd post an introduction up.
    Picked up an 08 SWP WRX Hatch from a friend Thursday. took it to AWDTuning Friday, unmarried the access port with a Perrin tune and had Keith do an opensource tune, took it to an Autocross Saturday. Love the car, but i'll stick with my mr car for racing and enjoy this on the street.

Just from the dealer, doing an in-and-out deal; Thanks Brandon Tomes for making the transaction easier. Had to take it by the insurance agent and get it added to the policy.

before and after dyno results. This is the Mustang dyno at AWDTuning.

The tune that was on it was running pretty lean according to Keith, the new tune is a bit safer with a nice gain. Not bad for having only the SPT cat back exhaust.

The car feels great with the HKS coilovers and short throw shifter, but i'm really happy about the heated seats, back seat, and storage. Big improvements over the MR2 Turbo and the MR2 racer.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    i like the white & gold. congrats on the new car.

any future plans?

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome to the forum.

Future plans at present:
    Rally Armor mudflaps
    New front right fenderliner
    Rubber trunk guard to protect the carpet
    Considering swapping the amp and speakers from my mk2 mr2 over.

No big mods planned for now, I need to replace the short block in the track car, and get engine management for it. Once that is all sorted, I'm going to wait till the 75k mile warranty runs out, then VF52, larger topmount, and a 3" turboback, external wastegate, and modified stock injectors. For now I'm just enjoying the almost instant torque.
    Stink Eye Mob #117
    2008 SWP WRX Hatch - DD - Gold RPF1's, HKS Coilovers, SPT CBE, OS Tune by Keith at AWDTuning
    2001 MR2 Spyder - 2zz swap, gutted toy, Autocross/TexasTimeTrials car
    1991 MR2 Turbo - Gen2 3S-GTE Swap For Sale