New from South GA 2002 WRX

This is a discussion on New from South GA 2002 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Just picked up a 2002 Wrx. Don't plan on modding too much until next year after i graduate with my ...

New from South GA 2002 WRX

Just picked up a 2002 Wrx. Don't plan on modding too much until next year after i graduate with my Bachelors. I am not sure of all the mods done to the car, the guy i bought it from got it how it sits. I was a big Honda/Acura guy; full built a 95 integra a few years back. We will see how i like the AWD platform. One of the first things i want to get rid of, are these ugly side mirrors and shift knob that were put on. Suggestions for knobs, and a place to source some stock side mirrors would be great. The car seems to fall off up top instead of holding til redline; i need to get an ecu or "reflash". On my Integra, my ECU was one of the best things i ever did, so looking forward to getting some kind of engine management. Pictures:

Last edited by patrick4588; 05-19-2011 at 04:59 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

also, the car currently has a forge bov. The idle is iffy sometimes and its throwing a check engine light. Im assuming its because of the MAF and swapping back to a stock bov or a recirculating one would solve this. Other than that, it runs pretty well i suppose.

No issues swapping in HID's are there? I can barely see the road with the crap bulbs that are in there now

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the club.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"Driving most supercars is like trying to manhandle a cow up a back staircase. . . This is like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Welcome. Get the code scanned. HID's in stock housing without projectors.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    You bought a modded car that's throwing a CEL without knowing what's done to it?

And no, you cannot use HIDs in the stock headlights. I suggest either better halogens or a visit to the eye doctor.

Welcome. Where at in South GA are you? I'm from Albany, but I live in Athens right now.
    Member- The Bugeye Mafia
    "The Blaze Yellow Assassin"

im new to subaru's, not cars. compression and leakdown test showed a healthy motor. for $5000, it was well worth it. I am in Valdosta. That sucks the stock headlights arent projectors

Today i bought a factory bpv to put back on, and a blox 490gram shift knob.

welcome and nice car, very good choice getting rid of the walmart shift knob haha

thanks. i plan to put my headunit in and get a sub&amp rack to fit flush in the trunk. suggestions for exterior mods?
    Last edited by patrick4588; 05-19-2011 at 06:00 PM.

id say tint for sure and maybe some clear side markers and depending on how much you want to spend some new wheels would look good