Short throw shifter?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Short throw shifter? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have starting looking at sts and see that a lot of people have been mentioning kartboy so I found ...

Short throw shifter?

I have starting looking at sts and see that a lot of people have been mentioning kartboy so I found a site and was wondering if this would be all that I would need for the sts. here are the links.. Any help would be great not to familiar with this...Not saying I will get the parts from here just trying to get an idea of what I might need and an idea on the price.

Last edited by skudda33; 05-12-2011 at 10:03 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The sts can be installed without the bushings,you wouldn't "need" the bushings.But it is highly recommended that you change the bushings as well to get better shifter feel.The bushings you showed are the rear & front bushings,you can add the TIC shift linkage bushings & wide pivot bushings for over all improved shifting.

The whole kit can be found here. TiC 08 Impreza Super Shifter Set
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I am also looking into these for my car.
    I wonder if we can get a bunch of people and do a group buy on them for cheaper each..?
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

I Support ClubWRX
    You just missed it.There was a group buy recently for the 5MT shift kit from TIC,along with some bonus buys.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Dang, I didn't see the group buy. I think for my first "mod" I am going to get a STS kit with bushings. I would absolutely be interested in a group buy if others were willing.

I have all the shifter bushings installed. In my op the bushings are a must especially seeing how you have it half apart already and not to mention a big difference in the shifter feel. add the tic bushing as earlier stated.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

It seems like a pretty easy DIY to install the shifter. How difficult is it to install bushings?

Quote Originally Posted by Admiral AGbar View Post
    It seems like a pretty easy DIY to install the shifter. How difficult is it to install bushings?
    i thought the rear shifter stay bushing was the pita of them all. once you start the one bolt you have alittle trouble getting the other bolt to start. the other bushings for me where very easy to install. just remember use blue locktite on the nuts/bolts and use plenty of grease on the bushings. i used white lithium grease from napa that came in a 1lb tub for like 7 bucks.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^same here.I had a hard time getting the second bolt to thread correctly on the rear bushing.Other than that the only difficulty was maybe getting the OEM front bushing off.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The sts can be installed without the bushings,you wouldn't "need" the bushings.But it is highly recommended that you change the bushings as well to get better shifter feel.The bushings you showed are the rear & front bushings,you can add the TIC shift linkage bushings & wide pivot bushings for over all improved shifting.

The whole kit can be found here. TiC 08 Impreza Super Shifter Set
    So this kit would be ideal to purchase? Is there anything else that I should add to it or does this include all the essentials? Does anyone have a photo of this kit installed in a 2011 btw? Itt would be great to see

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    So this kit would be ideal to purchase? Is there anything else that I should add to it or does this include all the essentials? Does anyone have a photo of this kit installed in a 2011 btw? Itt would be great to see
    That kit has just about all you need,just need some grease,locktite & tools.The kit installed looks the same on any MY.I was going to take pics but didn't have much space under the car.

You can find some of the instructions & diagrams here

Driveline Mounts/Bushings FAQ

and here

08+ Impreza Short Shifter / Bushing GB
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

Alright sweet thanks for the tips and help man!

[QUOTE=rage-wrx;2757258]You just missed it.There was a group buy recently for the 5MT shift kit from TIC,along with some bonus buys.[/QUOTE

I was lucky enought to get on the group buy. I changed mine out and I love it. This is a great kit. Pretty easy to install the second bolt on the bushing is a pain and takes a long time to get on.

^^^same here.I had a hard time getting the second bolt to thread correctly on the rear bushing.Other than that the only difficulty was maybe getting the OEM front bushing off.
    it was alittle tough to get that bushing out.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

You just missed it.There was a group buy recently for the 5MT shift kit from TIC,along with some bonus buys.
    This makes me extremely sad... =(
    '88 Sub Justy *Rock in oil pan killed on freeway
    '87 Honda Civic *Bad pistons (to lazy to fix)
    '85 Nissan 200sx *Blown engine drifting
    '00 Sub Outback *Mother literally stole
    '92 Toyota Tercel *Hated it
    '02 WRX '07 kawasaki ninja. * current

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.