Short throw shifter? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Short throw shifter? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Which is a better STS, the KartBoy or the factory one (Sti)?...

Which is a better STS, the KartBoy or the factory one (Sti)?
    Everything happens for a reason

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpower17 View Post
    Which is a better STS, the KartBoy or the factory one (Sti)?
    i have the factory sts for the 5mt. i like it but i think it could be a little shorter. i have not used any other shifter to confirm it for myself. its just my op.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

Ah, thats the one I meant to say (sts). I'm picking up a 2011 WRX soon, and was curious if I should get the sts from factory or just wait and purchase a kart boy.

Ah, thats the one I meant to say (sts). I'm picking up a 2011 WRX soon, and was curious if I should get the sts from factory or just wait and purchase a kart boy.
    Dont get me wrong the factory sts is a difference for sure and also paired with the bushings really makes a difference. whatever you decide get all the bushings if you can afford to anyways. if you get the factory and get all the bushings. the entire shift linkage is on the bench to install all the bushings and shifter/linkage at the same time. i found this maybe you want to check it out to help with your decision. Kartboy VS. STI Short Throw Shifter Discussion
    if you get the factory one you get the entire shfter and linkage, but pay alot more for it than the kartboy.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Same here. I'm thinking of getting the kartboy. From what I've read, it costs less and it's a little better.

Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    Dont get me wrong the factory sts is a difference for sure and also paired with the bushings really makes a difference. whatever you decide get all the bushings if you can afford to anyways. if you get the factory and get all the bushings. the entire shift linkage is on the bench to install all the bushings and shifter/linkage at the same time. i found this maybe you want to check it out to help with your decision. Kartboy VS. STI Short Throw Shifter Discussion
    if you get the factory one you get the entire shfter and linkage, but pay alot more for it than the kartboy.
    Thanks for the info, sounds good. I may just go for the Kartboy with all the bushing, might as well get all the parts all at once.

I bought the Kartboy with bushings. Sadly it's been sitting waiting to be installed for a while. The quality is excellent though.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

Thanks for the info, sounds good. I may just go for the Kartboy with all the bushing, might as well get all the parts all at once.
    no problem

Quote Originally Posted by anxiouz View Post
    I bought the Kartboy with bushings. Sadly it's been sitting waiting to be installed for a while. The quality is excellent though.
    mine sat around all winter till i got them done. waiting for back to get better to install gauges (might sell), rotors and pads that i have had all winter also.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 05-16-2011 at 03:28 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12