AccessPORT question if anyone is running one!?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on AccessPORT question if anyone is running one!? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys im new to Subaru and to AccessPORT ive had my 2011 WRX since 1/11/11... I just order the ...

AccessPORT question if anyone is running one!?

Hey guys im new to Subaru and to AccessPORT ive had my 2011 WRX since 1/11/11... I just order the AccessPORT its in route but still waiting on my cobb 3" CBE which is like 4 weeks back ordered still ..... i have an injen CAI and was wondering if anyone is running accessPORT with the same CAI or a different aftermrket one that doesnt have a map for it as well and if it runs good. Or if i would need to order a CAI that runs with maps that they have. I had asked RallySportDirect employee but they said no, so i was wondering if anyone out there is running with same set-up. Thanks
    '11 Pearl White WRX ,WrinkleRed AEM Cold Air Intake,RA Mud Flaps,3" CBE Cobb (on backorder still!!),Cobb Delrin Red Shift Knob
    Cobb AccessPort Stage 1 93oct @17.3psi, K4rtboy front and rear endlinks,Perrin Strut Bar,Perrin Front/rear Sway Bars 22mm/25mm

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Previous MY Injen CAIs were garbage and required a custom tune to run.

Cobb specifically states what intakes are allowed to be used with their maps. Deviating is ill-advised, and should only be done with proper datalogging (and tweaking of the tune, if necessary).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks for the input... Would you know or maybe even know which is the best CAI to use cause I read that they do have an AEM map and of course Cobb CAI but which would be the best for it's buck ?
    '11 Pearl White WRX ,WrinkleRed AEM Cold Air Intake,RA Mud Flaps,3" CBE Cobb (on backorder still!!),Cobb Delrin Red Shift Knob
    Cobb AccessPort Stage 1 93oct @17.3psi, K4rtboy front and rear endlinks,Perrin Strut Bar,Perrin Front/rear Sway Bars 22mm/25mm

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Belziino05
    Thanks for the input... Would you know or maybe even know which is the best CAI to use cause I read that they do have an AEM map and of course Cobb CAI but which would be the best for it's buck ?
    They're likely going to yield similar results. I would get the AEM simply because the filter is in the fender rather than the engine bay (even though Cobb offers a heat shield).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I appreciate the help EJ !

Yes go with AEM. The filter is also dry versus oiled in the Cobb so you eliminate a lot of MAF issues.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

is the aem available in anything other than wrinkle red?

I don't think so. I believe the red is the only color. Why does that matter? Not only is it hidden under the hood, but the red matches the Subaru under-engine colors.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

i had a wrinkle red valvecover on my last car. PITA to clean, besides im going for a more stealth/sublte theme this go round

Yea i like the red the injen was wrinkle red as well looks mean....Now another question anyone know of a good boost gauge or they basically all the same just diff in $$ ? cause i was looking at the Prosport 52m Halo Boost Gauge if anyone has one if they can fill me in. Thanks

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.