Precautions?

This is a discussion on Precautions? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all! Going today to look and test a 2008 STI at a local dealer. I currently own a 03 ...

Precautions?

Hey all!
    Going today to look and test a 2008 STI at a local dealer. I currently own a 03 Nissan Spec V
    Although I love my little Nissan they have TONS of issues and common problems that I really had to watch out for before I bought mine.
    I hope to jump onto AllData tomorrow and really research the car but was wondering if there are some common issues or problems with the STI I should keep an eye out for. I am new to the Subaru scene but have the common thinking that Subaru’s are good solid cars.

The car is 2008 34k miles no mods from what I can tell. Once I get under the hood and really look around we will see lol. I am no noob when it comes to buying cars I stand my ground and ask a billion questions. My main concern is any recall issues or things I should be aware of...But I am pretty excited about it and would just like any suggestions from you all!
    Thanks
    Last edited by ciaobella; 05-11-2011 at 10:04 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

One requirement for me to buy a used STI would be a compression/leak down test to rule out bad pistons/ring lands.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

^^^^this