2011 WRX on order; arrival estimate?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX on order; arrival estimate? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys I was lucky enough to find out that my parents have ordered me a 2011 Wrx for my ...

2011 WRX on order; arrival estimate?

Hey guys I was lucky enough to find out that my parents have ordered me a 2011 Wrx for my birthday/graduation this year. Apparently they ordered it early March (only a week or two before the catastrophe). It's a DGM hatch and I couldn't be more excited. Based on anybody else's recent experience, does anybody have a estimate as to when it may arrive? I'm in North Texas.
    Thanks for any response
    -Nick

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well I ordered mine on march 12th , well after weeks and weeks. SOA cantacted me TODAY via email to give me an update. They said its due in may but due to crisis in japan it will most likely be pushed back till june. The original arrival estimate was may 12th . But I do not have a VIN # yet so looks like 2-3 more weeks.
    Pretty cool that your parents got the ball rollin for ya back then...a good time to order because( according to the subaru rep) they are not taking any more orders for 2011 wrx's. Im in VA . hope this info isnt as depressing to you as it is to me. Waiting absolutely sucks.
    35% all around, KartBoy STS,Front and Rear Bushings,Clear Bra/Chip Guard on front bumper,headlights,side mirror's, 1ft up on the hood and on side panels,Stage 1 COBB tune w/ Cobb sf intake.

When I purchased my wrx 2 weeks ago I was told it was about a 2-3 month wait but because of the crisis in Japan is could be as long as 4-6 months so I bought the one on the showroom. Hope you do not end up waiting that long and got lucky by ordering it before everything went south! Good luck man and be sure to keep us updated!

Waiting does suck, however I'd rather wait and drive a WRX than keep my Altima! I've been so anxious and it's only been a week since my birthday. I was told I probably wouldn't have it until June at earliest, but I just thought I'd try to get an idea of what other's are looking at.
    I test drove an '08 STI and was blown away. Although my skill at driving a manual is not the greatest (yet), I was able to feel how the car just stuck to the ground around tight corners. I know a WRX isn't an STI, but it was the only thing the dealer had for me.

Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    When I purchased my wrx 2 weeks ago I was told it was about a 2-3 month wait but because of the crisis in Japan is could be as long as 4-6 months so I bought the one on the showroom. Hope you do not end up waiting that long and got lucky by ordering it before everything went south! Good luck man and be sure to keep us updated!
    Smart move by you! 4-6 months does seem excessive, but there is no way I'm going to complain about any wait when my parents are flat out buying me a new car.

The waiting game is no fun and as you can see i cracked and went with a different color then i had originally planned on getting, but i absolutely love it now and can't think of any reason to not like it haha. As for stick just keep practicing, the more you practice the easier it will be. Also remember that the wrx has a hill assist in it that will give you about 3 second from when you release the brake while in gear before the car starts to roll. A very helpful addition for people who are still learning.

In the mean time while you wait for your new baby you can plan out what you might want to start doing to it wether it be tint, mud flaps, debadging, etc... This is the fun part haha

Quote Originally Posted by Themmhmmmm33 View Post
    Smart move by you! 4-6 months does seem excessive, but there is no way I'm going to complain about any wait when my parents are flat out buying me a new car.
    Yea you can't complain about that lol wish my parents would have done that for me. All they gave me was my down payment because I was not ready to throw down 6k since i thought i was going to be waiting about 3 months so i get to pay them back now haha, guess i can't say they didn't help a little bit

Oh believe me I am practicing in probably the most effective way possible! 1999 f-150 with a clutch/transmission that has been beaten to hell. I borrowed it from my cousin and have been driving it around; it's been great practice.

And believe me I've already planned what I am going to do as soon as I get the car! I may have only known for a week, but I've been a member of this forum for probably almost five months. hah, debadge (except WRX), tint, rally armor mud flaps, and a refreshed stereo. (only flaw I have read about this car)

Quote Originally Posted by Themmhmmmm33 View Post
    and a refreshed stereo. (only flaw I have read about this car)
    Horrible you would think they would do something with it but they refuse to. The speakers are not that good at all, but the one good thing is the media hub with the usb port, and also the bluetooth/handsfree, So i would try and find a unit that could support that if its possible I am not to familiar with that sort of stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by skudda33 View Post
    Horrible you would think they would do something with it but they refuse to. The speakers are not that good at all, but the one good thing is the media hub with the usb port, and also the bluetooth/handsfree, So i would try and find a unit that could support that if its possible I am not to familiar with that sort of stuff.
    I'm not at all and I will definitely be looking for a professional install. I already have some sort of 10" alpine sub that my cousin (good guy) has offered to me for a discounted price, and another friend with three different amps sitting at home for me to choose from! I have been very lucky lately.

I contacted my dealership in early April and they had one coming in which was supposably to get here in April. I still haven't gotten a call with a VIN number.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to club! Congrats on having nice parents and the pending WRX. Keep us posted on things.
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

Thank you guys for the welcomes and you will hear from me again when I get the car!

First off, will your parents adopt me? I'm sure you already know this but you are one lucky dude!

DGM hatch--exactly the way I want mine. I have relegated myself to the fact that I will be ordering a 2012. I've spoken with 3 dealers and NOTHING.

Enjoy your ride when it gets here and take lots of pix.

This is funny. I had the exact same situation. My DGM hatch was also ordered and paid by my parents gotta love them. Congrats on the future car and I hope you don't have a whole lot longer to wait..the anticipation I had just in the 2 months was bad enough lol
    Rachelle
    2011 DGM WRX Hatch
    Stink Eye Mob #970

Facebook link

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast