Finally got one!

This is a discussion on Finally got one! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Had a 2011 WRX on order for a while now, but no VIN after 2.5 months, no ETA. Dealer computer ...

Finally got one!

Had a 2011 WRX on order for a while now, but no VIN after 2.5 months, no ETA. Dealer computer still showed month of May, but they told me it wasn't going to be in May. So I started looking around on autotrader one day and came across a used 2009 silver 5 door premium w/nav. Jumped on it and wound up picking it up saturday evening after a 4 hour drive to get there!

Was a fun drive home though! Left at about 11pm, got home at 3am. Roads were nice and deserted. Ran it up to 120mph once, had a bit of shudder there, I suspect from unbalanced tires. Need to replace all 4 soon anyways. Loving the boost...
    Now on to other mods. Current plan is to replace the navigation unit with a different stereo plus amp/subwoofer. Debadge the rear, tint the windows, and then maybe a Stage 1 onto it.

Wish it was a 2011, but you can't have it all!

Anybody want to buy an '09 Nav stereo?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Last edited by TheJ; 05-11-2011 at 08:45 AM. Reason: iPad keyboard fml
    -The J
    New Members, CLICK & BOOKMARK these links:

"It's like smearing honey into Keira Knightly" -JC

Yeah, I'll stick it in there once I've got the replacement stereo installed and established a value for the navi unit.

Quote Originally Posted by rm101326 View Post
    Had a 2011 WRX on order for a while now, but no VIN after 2.5 months, no ETA. Dealer computer still showed month of May, but they told me it wasn't going to be in May. So I started looking around on autotrader one day and came across a used 2009 silver 5 door premium w/nav. Jumped on it and wound up picking it up saturday evening after a 4 hour drive to get there!

Was a fun drive home though! Left at about 11pm, got home at 3am. Roads were nice and deserted. Ran it up to 120mph once, had a bit of shudder there, I suspect from unbalanced tires. Need to replace all 4 soon anyways. Loving the boost...
    Now on to other mods. Current plan is to replace the navigation unit with a different stereo plus amp/subwoofer. Debadge the rear, tint the windows, and then maybe a Stage 1 onto it.

Wish it was a 2011, but you can't have it all!

Anybody want to buy an '09 Nav stereo?
    When was your original order date for the '11?

March 1, and it missed the May allotments, so June would have been the first possible date for it.

On other news, did a stage 1 tune last night via the open source method and torquedperformance.com maps. Wow, amazing the difference. Pulls hard all the way to redline now instead of falling off sharply after 5k rpms. Much faster throughout the whole range too. More power down in the 1500-3000 range, I don't feel like I have to floor it to get up into the 3500 strong boost range now for just average driving around.
    Debadged it too. Surprisingly easy for a car that is 2 years old. I figured the letters would be harder to get off in the back, but all in all it took about 30-45 minutes to complete.
    Got the windows tinted too... silver cars look SO much better with the windows done.

post pictures!!!!

yeah I should have known better than to not post pics!!
    Couple of quick ones I snapped while out for a country roads drive today. The car sure is fun in twisty roads. Much lighter car than the G35 I came from. That car was awesome on the highway, but was noticeably heavy when on winding, curvy roads. The WRX is much lighter and more maneuverable feeling. The passing power is fun too....
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx2.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	108.3 KB 
ID:	97170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrx1.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	96.8 KB 
ID:	97171

Welcome! Thats a good looking WRX.
    FEZTEC
    Performance Engineering
    www.feztec.com