Help with some reasons to get a WRX..
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Help with some reasons to get a WRX.. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone.. wondering if you guys on here could help me come up with some reasons/ benifits (gas mileage, safety ...

Help with some reasons to get a WRX..

Hey everyone.. wondering if you guys on here could help me come up with some reasons/ benifits (gas mileage, safety ratings), of me getting a WRX.. Right now I drive a 2001 Jeep tj and I love it but the MPG is killing me... I get 13 MPG if im lucky.. It was my parents car and they gave it to me for my 17th Birthday. I dont mean to sound ungratfull but ive always wanted a Rexy since i was around 7 :P....

THANKS!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If you want MPG you would be better served with a car that uses less fuel. Honda and Toyota come to mind.

Also, I'd recommend running the math again. Usually a car that already exists is more sensible than getting another solely based on MPG, unless the existing car can go no further.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

mileage will take some time to add up. Safety is certainly top-notch.

But, be honest - why do *you* want a wrx?
    My big thread: The Used WRX Buying Checklist - Please Contribute!

My current car: 2002 WRB WRX Wagon.
    Mods: GM BCS, Carberry SD rom, uppipe, AEM UEGO, Klunk Killer, F+R shifter bushings, head unit

Hondas and toyotas? im gonna pretend you didnt recommend those..

Why do I want one? Because I'm fasinated by cars and ive loved scoobies since I can remember.. I know quite alot about cars, theyre kinda my thing I live in a pretty red neck area and id love to show up some dirty old v8's hence the name

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by V8HUNTER View Post
    Hondas and toyotas? im gonna pretend you didnt recommend those..

Why do I want one? Because I'm fasinated by cars and ive loved scoobies since I can remember.. I know quite alot about cars, theyre kinda my thing I live in a pretty red neck area and id love to show up some dirty old v8's hence the name
    Meh...you can find better cars...a stock WRX isn't going to outrun most V8s...especially any that are built or newer...Just a frame of reference my car is over 400hp at the wheels and gets roughly 14 mpg...so...yeah...You're better served with a Honda or a Toyota...If you want muscle...then buy muscle. The WRX is only a middle ground car and really not all that fancy...
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Well I know stock its not the fasted car in the world, but from what ive heard they have quite abit of 'go' with some mods.. Id build it up over time.
    and Im not getting a honda.. I hate the riced out civics theres so many of them here too.. id like to show them how to do it properly.

The only real reason to get a WRX or STi is cause *you* want one... /thread
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #801
    The Impreza "this was repaired/replaced at what mileage" database (Please Contribute)
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showth...57#post2688257

KHP
    I hate the riced out civics theres so many of them here too.. id like to show them how to do it properly.
    And by doing it properly you mean driving responsively and taking competitive driving to the track I hope. Else you'll be just as riced out as the people you're trying to show off to. Remember Subaru's are Japanese cars meaning that it can also be labeled as a "riced" car. It all depends on how you carry your self in the car that you drive.

The WRX will give you a better fuel economy than what you currently have and should be a good car.

Benefits:
    1.) AWD
    2.) Fun to drive
    3.) Versatile (Depends mainly if 5 door or 4 door model)

Cons:
    1.) Insurance rates blows and may offset your fuel savings. So check with your insurance agent first to avoid surprises.
    2.) See #1.
    Last edited by KHP; 05-09-2011 at 09:04 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Meh...you can find better cars...a stock WRX isn't going to outrun most V8s...especially any that are built or newer...Just a frame of reference my car is over 400hp at the wheels and gets roughly 14 mpg...so...yeah...You're better served with a Honda or a Toyota...If you want muscle...then buy muscle. The WRX is only a middle ground car and really not all that fancy...
    I still don't buy that your car is 400whp.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by KHP View Post
    And by doing it properly you mean driving responsively and taking competitive driving to the track I hope. Else you'll be just as riced out as the people you're trying to show off to. Remember Subaru's are Japanese cars meaning that it can also be labeled as a "riced" car. It all depends on how you carry your self in the car that you drive.

The WRX will give you a better fuel economy than what you currently have and should be a good car.

Benefits:
    1.) AWD
    2.) Fun to drive

3.) Versatile (Depends mainly if 5 door or 4 door model)

Cons:
    1.) Insurance rates blows and may offset your fuel savings. So check with your insurance agent first to avoid surprises.
    2.) See #1.
    yes I know I'm not an idiot. I'm not going to go racing through the streets, there's a closed airport around here that people are allowed to use.
    Has anyone called your car rice?

KHP
    I'm not going to go racing through the streets, there's a closed airport around here that people are allowed to use.
    Awesome to hear.

Has anyone called your car rice?
    No... I just don't dismiss the fact that Subaru owners can be just as bad and "riced" out WRX's do exists.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)

The reason I asked for you to come up with reasons is not to convince me, It's to convince my parents that it would be a good change. You don't have to convince me I'm already convinced..

I Support ClubWRX
    The reason I asked for you to come up with reasons is not to convince me, It's to convince my parents that it would be a good change. You don't have to convince me I'm already convinced..
    Well, if your parents are still supporting you financially, a WRX will be a pretty hard sell. You already have a 4wd vehicle, so you can't sell that aspect to them. Gas mileage is only in the low 20s at stock hp, and it REQUIRES premium (no fudging that either), so you'll probably end up paying more in gas than you do already. Insurance rates for anyone under 25 and/or not married are extremely high compared to alternatives like Civics, Camrys, etc...

I really don't recommend these cars to anyone supported by their parents. They just don't make financial sense compared to a Honda or Toyota for drivers supported by their parents. I'd keep your Jeep for a while longer.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

My dad has had many Saabs with the AERO package and my mum has a pt cruiser high output turbo (yeh i know pt's are lame lol) which has the same hp as a stock rexy so I have driven turbos before.. My parents know about the higher octane needed also.. but I pay for most of my gas. I drive people to school so I get payed sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister View Post
    I still don't buy that your car is 400whp.
    +1
    278whp 286tq blouch 16g @ 17.5psi
    "My 02 wagon build" http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/everyd...gon-build.html
    Operation Iraqi Freedom x3
    WRX wagon MAFIA #68

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.