Opinions about Subaru's 3rd Gen WRX yearly updates
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Opinions about Subaru's 3rd Gen WRX yearly updates within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, my research and debate with myself and girlfriend have not come to a conclusion yet. We really need ...

Opinions about Subaru's 3rd Gen WRX yearly updates

Hey guys, my research and debate with myself and girlfriend have not come to a conclusion yet. We really need an ALL wheel drive because I live in Canada and I'm a member of the canadian forces. Many of our bases are quite a distance from civilization at times and pretty much all of canada has snow. We obviously decided on getting a WRX. That being a sports car, I really don't like the idea of someone already abusing it. (c'mon we sure know we do, its FAST!) I would not have a problem buying any other used car, but just to play it safe, I hate having a hassle, the GF is bad enough.

Anyways -

2008 WRX, had a lot of criticism for its lack of HP and its soft suspension.
    2009 WRX, made a huge HP jump to 265HP
    2010 WRX, same as '09
    2011 WRX, made another huge jump, STI wide body and quade tips!
    Toyabaru FT86 has got me holding my money just a little longer to see whats new as well

There is no problem that a single generation is constantly updating, but subaru has been making huge substantial changes. I just wanted to read someones opinion that who purchased an 08 and an 09 subie.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have had an 09 for about a year now and love it. If there is one that you find which is in the color you want and at a decent price, go for it. With the new ones coming out, you can probably get the dealership to throw in some extras if you go for an older model such as a short shifter, spt exhaust, roof rack ect... Also with the resale values being so high on these, if you decide you want a new one in a year or two it will have a good trade in value. Whether you buy an older model or a brand new one, your still driving a wrx so you cant lose!

08's and maybe 09's I've heard had some pretty serious problems with their forced induction engines failing in some way or another, I'm not really familiar with them though. the FT86 is supposed to be rear-wheel drive, last I heard, so I don't see that as being a good idea in your situation.

I have an idea that subie will have the all wheel drive with the ft86, i really cannot see subie going RWD. But who knows, time will tell!

Supporting Member mjboudreaux77's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    WRX did not make a huge performance jump in 2011, mostly just cosmetics and interior.
    If I don't die by Thursday, I'll be roarin Friday night - Jimmy Buffett

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.