short throw shifters and bushings
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on short throw shifters and bushings within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; been doing some research and it appears the consensus is that the stock 5-speed shifter on the wrx needs to ...

short throw shifters and bushings

been doing some research and it appears the consensus is that the stock 5-speed shifter on the wrx needs to be upgraded. i'm trying to figure out if i should order a wrx with the port-installed sti short throw shifter and upgraded bushings or get an aftermarket short throw shifter w/ after market bushings.

why in the heck aren't the upgraded bushings included with the sti short throw shifter; should be a ssk (short shift kit which includes shifter and bushings). how imperative is it to upgrade the bushings? whose bushings are better, subaru's or aftermaket?

if the short throw shifters are all comparable, i might as well get the kartboy simply because it's less expensive but it seems like lots of folks are ordering pre-installed short throw shifters.

am i missing anything?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dpncos View Post
    If the short throw shifters are all comparable, i might as well get the kartboy simply because it's less expensive but it seems like lots of folks are ordering pre-installed short throw shifters.

am i missing anything?
    They are comparable and in my opinion the aftermarket bushings are far and away better, I have the kartboy and bushing kit from turn in concepts and it's perfect! Go with aftermarket. An added bonus is it's a great DIY if you're into doing your own work.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

moderacing.com
    they use cobbs old platform for the shifters and they are double adjustable for height and throw. Unfortunately they are backordered, but i am prepaid waiting for it to come in.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.