Hi, Subaru Noob here

This is a discussion on Hi, Subaru Noob here within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone! I'm Johnny! I don't have a WRX or STI. I have a Modded 2007 Mini Cooper S that ...

Hi, Subaru Noob here

Hey everyone! I'm Johnny! I don't have a WRX or STI. I have a Modded 2007 Mini Cooper S that is just under 14k miles. The mods if anyone is interested are Alta 3in. turboback exhaust, Alta CAI or Ram-air whatever you want to call it intake, Alta hot/cold side boost tubes, and turbo inlet hose. I also have a Polyurethane engine mount and 19mm 3-way adjustable rear sway bar. I'm looking to trade it in this summer. I know its no where near as fast as the wrx or sti, but its still fun to drive.

The cars I'm looking at are the sti, wrx, evo gsr, used: audi a4, g37 coupe, and bmw 335i.

Here to learn about the REX.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club Johnny!

You have picked a fine place to learn.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

welcome and good luck on the purchase.
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Just curious why you want to trade in your Mini? Those cars are fun to drive!
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I just need a bigger car, even though I know the g37 coupe is the smallest of what I'm considering. My 98 neon beater with 42k mi on it is slowly beginning to fail on me...I mean I love the MINI to death, real fun on curvy roads, and I keep it in really good condition, I keep it in storage while I'm in school from Aug-May. I'll be moving to florida with in the year and I'd like to get a good trade in on it. This isn't definite that I am trading it in, but I'm considering it.

It's either trade it or purchase the Alta accessport.

The only thing I will tell you is that you will really miss the "go-kart" feeling of your Mini. I love my WRX but it feels like a big cruiser compared to my Miata (which is very close in dimensions and handling to a Mini).
    2012 Black WRX Premium
    2003 wrb WRX - Cobb Stage 2

I'm going to have to drive one first to make a decision, its going to be tough though since they arent making wrx anymore from what i've been reading on here. I def. would miss the handling on my car.

Welcome
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Hello, and welcome to the forum. I would try to trade for a newer WRX, or an older Sti like 04-07. Just my preference if it's in your price range. Good luck, hope you find what your looking for.

I pretty much crossed off the audi,bimmer, and infiniti. I'm looking for something with a warranty on it. I'm definitely looking for a stripped down 2011 sti sedan , or a spec'd wrx in SWP or OBP . I've been seeing what the value of my car is ..I'm valued between 19-21k. I haven't asked a dealer to start searching yet, but soon.