saying hi
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on saying hi within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everybody, Tim here - future owner of WRX. I am getting ready to buy one - I've been wanting ...

I Support ClubWRX

saying hi

Hello everybody,

Tim here - future owner of WRX. I am getting ready to buy one - I've been wanting the WRX for a while now, and am planning to purchase one in the near future. I'm 99% certain it's going to be the WRX, but want to do more research in the meantime, especially on the new 2012 model. I have mixed feelings about it, as I really like the current wide-body version.

a little about myself: I'm 29, work in finance/operations (coming from IT background) in NYC, but live in CT. Major interests: photography, motorcycling and outdoors. I currently own an '05 Saabaru 9-2x linear MT and love it! I've put 70k on it in 5 years and never had a problem (knock on wood). I've set it on a rock once while driving on an unpaved road in ME, I've gone through snow where SUV's wouldnt dare going, and unpaved roads cause a big smile on my face. Manual is my preference - in fact that was THE main requirement when i was shopping for cars last time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome to the site. Are you looking at getting the sedan or the hatch?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sjcurtis View Post
    Welcome to the site. Are you looking at getting the sedan or the hatch?
    Hatchback all the way! My current one hauls so much stuff when asked politely, why give up that space? Also, my fiance and I are getting a dog ( that will be some serious motion-sickness-resistant dog eventually, with the way I drive)

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

good luck with the purchase and welcome to the club!
    2011 WRX Base Hatch in Obsidian Black Pearl
    Stink-Eye Mob #027
    My Car
    - Mike

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smersh View Post
    I'm 99% certain it's going to be the WRX, but want to do more research in the meantime, especially on the new 2012 model. I have mixed feelings about it, as I really like the current wide-body version.
    The current body style for the WRX will not likely change for 2012. The car Subaru has been showing off is the new Impreza model that slots below the WRX and STI. That new style may get the WRX/STI treatment in 2013/14, but for 2012 there are no changes. As it is they are hard to find on dealer lots on many parts of the country, so you may need to order - which has its advantages if you can handle the wait time.

Good luck on your decision making process!
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome to the Club!
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.