Future WRX owner

This is a discussion on Future WRX owner within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey folks, so im currently in the market for a WRX and had a few questions for you. I would ...

Future WRX owner

hey folks,
    so im currently in the market for a WRX and had a few questions for you. I would love to have a STI but if i did i would have to go back a few years and get a 04 or so. But i could afford a 06 WRX and i dont know what i should do. The only thing im for sure of in the difference is the WRX had 230 HP and the STI came with 300 correct? Also there was a body style change between 05-06? I really like the body style of the 06, but i could live with the body style of a older one if it was a STI. What would you do? what would it take to get a WRX to the power of a STI? One last quesetion, does the WRX have both front and rear lockers? Thanks for any help, and wish me luck on my search for one.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Twin Scroll = Expensive dynomight's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Hello and welcome. As for your questions; Subaru started implementing 2.5L engines instead of 2.0L on its previous WRX models starting in 2006 which accounts for the increased HP (230) for the WRX. (Max HP for 2004 STI is 300 HP). The body style change also occurred with the 06-07 models widely known as the "Hawkeye" versus the previous 02-04 models "Bugeye". I don't know what "Front / Rear lockers" are but I do know all models have "Front / Rear endlinks". If you want a car solely built on performance, I'd highly recommend getting the STI because it has superior performance in all areas of the "stat sheet" (Power, Handling, suspension, braking etc... In order to get on the same power level with the STI, you will have to do many of the following;

Larger/bigger
    turbo, intercooler, Fuel injectors, Fuel pump

Improved/upgraded
    intake, clutch and flywheel, ECU management System, turboback exhaust.

Good luck for what you're searching for.
    I dont understand bus lanes. Why do poor people have to get to places quicker than I do? -Jeremy Clarkson- Top Gear

so what were the power differences in the 05 STI and the 06 STI?