Potential 2011 WRX buyer

This is a discussion on Potential 2011 WRX buyer within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Dealer is quoting me 0 over invoice. I heard that some are getting below invoice. Should I just go with ...

Potential 2011 WRX buyer

Dealer is quoting me $400 over invoice. I heard that some are getting below invoice. Should I just go with this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got mine in upstate new york a week ago for a $1000 under invoice and if you do some forum searches, people got even better prices than that.

Registered User Officer Cartman's Avatar
    I got offered the car at invoice after maybe 5 minutes of negotiations. Then I got the VIP pricing through a friend, and ended up buying the car for 2% under invoice (which came out to roughly $500 under invoice).

Keep pushing for a better deal, and use the money you saved on mods.

Thanks fellas.

They're offering the car at invoice +$400 in non-negotiable BS fees like processing, etc. (whatever!!!).

I'll continue to shop around but these cars sell like hotcakes in Colorado so don't know if I can do much better.

Anyone try going through car programs like American Express or Costco?

thanks,

-D

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    A lot of people - myself included - got well under invoice, but I ordered mine and waited. Considering the scarcity of WRXs on lots, if you are talking about one the dealer has they may be less likely to drop below. Just remember, dealers sell below "dealer invoice" and still make a profit, so feel free to push them.
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

Email every dealer within 100 miles and say "your competitor is offering me invoice price, can you beat it to make it worth my time to drive way out to you?"

You should be able to get invoice price at a minimum, but if demand is insane in your area then a lil over isn't bad. It really does depend on where you live.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

I got my 2011 SWP Premium hatchback for $400 over invoice....and I'm in CO also. I had a heck of a time finding a premium hatchback so when the dealer told me he had one coming in I jumped on it.
    2011 SWP Premium Hatchback
    Flapatax Mud Flaps
    Kartboy STS with front and rear bushings
    Cobb AP Stage 1 (for now)

I got $400 under invoice back in January and I had to wait 2-3 weeks for it to get here. They did have tons on the lot but not in my color/trim combo. I'm located on the East coast...