DYNO TUNE, OR, A COBB ACCESSPORT??????
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DYNO TUNE, OR, A COBB ACCESSPORT?????? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; my names blake im new to this site. and still some what new with my car i have had it ...

DYNO TUNE, OR, A COBB ACCESSPORT??????

my names blake im new to this site. and still some what new with my car i have had it for a year its an 08 wrx hatch. absolutley love it! i got invidia race exhaust and aem cold air intake and am looking to get invidia uppipe and downpipe then get it tuned on my buddys dyno... or buy an accessport. i've weighed out the pro's and con's about both and am still undecided. so im looking for feedback..... so if everyone can give me there opinion that'd be awesome!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can go open source with a dyno tune, or get dyno tuned with the AP if your friend supports Cobb tuning software. You'll see greater benefits with a custom tune, open source, or AP. It come down to if you see yourself using the AP for its other functionality.

FWIW I'm dyno tuned on my Cobb AP. The latest firmware update has made it more useful to me, but after I decided I was getting dyno tuned I asked myself should I really have spent $600 on an AP? I'm generally happy with it now. It can log (and much better parameters now available with the new firmware), you can view live engine data, you can clear codes, reflash easily, etc...

Each is just a different route to the same place.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Protune/dyno tune or find a place that does the custom tunes with the ap. It is better for the health of your car in general.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

Both.. /thread
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Skip the uppipe.

What's the caliber of tuner that would be working on your car @ your buddys shop?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

If you're already out of warranty year/miles then go pro-tune. You have no reason to uninstall an AP tune at that point and you'll get a better tune out of it for less money.
    Steve // 2010 Cadillac CTS-V // 2011 WRX hatchback (SOLD)

If you have an AP and go to a tuner that uses the AP.. that IS a "protune"

and given that information you can still unmarry the "protuned" AP and go back to factory if need be.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.